Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

+1.5 Years: Where Are We Now?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    cornelius

If the IE team is holed up working on something stonkingly good, they certainly aren’t doing themselves any favors by not telling us about it. The result of their radio silence isn’t mystery, it’s distrust. Deep, divisive, troubling distrust of the kind you can only get when folks who break up stop talking altogether. The problem is that IE still has half of my DVDs and my friends keep telling me it’s just using me. Not a great way to rebuild a relationship.

http://alex.dojotoolkit.org/?p=620

so what is the story with IE8? why the silence? is there going to be an IE8?? are there any new videos here on c9 from IE team coming up?

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

They said in one of the videos there was definately going to be an IE8.

One every 1-2 years apparently... I'm betting they'll ditch "Internet Explorer" for a new name because "Internet Explorer 23" doesn't have that ring to it.

I agree they should be a little louder about it over here - we are users, we're valuable input for them... We're here at their disposal, I'd love to try out IE8.

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    cornelius

i agree, i personally love IE7 and moved to it from firefox, its sleeker, uses less memory and the way text looks is very nice comapred to firefoxe's "nurdy" look

but still, all they have to do is bring out complete css support and iron out all them gotchas

i know there are massive backwards compatibility headaches but...

• User profile image
    littleguru

IE8 is going to come. Why should the announce each little feature when they haven't even implemented it yet? They will go public as soon as they have something in their hands...

• User profile image
    DMassy

littleguru wrote:
    IE8 is going to come. Why should the announce each little feature when they haven't even implemented it yet? They will go public as soon as they have something in their hands...

Exactly. The IE team have said they aren't going to talk about IE8 until they are ready. They are working on it. Watch the IE team blog for official information, any other source is likely pure speculation and inaccurate.

Thanks
    -Dave
    www.dmassy.com

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

At least they won't get slated for cutting promised features.

IE 7 is still new, compared to how old IE6 was when IE7 it came out.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.