Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Oh my good Lord!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Minh

The Novocaine just wore off...

"AAAaaarrrrggg!!!!"

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

Botox overdose?

• User profile image
    harumscarum

Cornholing accident?

• User profile image
    Minh

Neither. But this is taking some of the edge off.

"Oowwww..."

PS. Kids, take care of your teeth, they're the only ones you've got.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

harumscarum wrote:
    Cornholing accident?

I AM CORNHOLIO! I NEED TP FOR MY BUNGHOLE!

• User profile image
    Bas

Minh wrote:

Or, abuse your teeth in any way you can, then get a mouth full of crowns. They're indestructible.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Minh wrote:

Yeah, my 'rents mouths are full of black cavity fillings (1960s style, yuck!), set me straight ever since. I brush my teeth twice-daily on school days, otherwise once at night. No fillings yet and otherwise good oral hygene. Phew.

The only sugary things I have are my morning cocopops or cheerios (yeah, laugh) and the chocolate muffin or 2x chocolate cookies at around 1700h.

• User profile image
    Minh

The single most regrettable word of my entire life:

Doctor: Minh, do yo need anything for the pain?
    Minh: (can't feel own face) Nah!

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

Call him back up! He should do something for it even now.

Why are dentists feared again?  Torture?

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

JohnAskew wrote:

Why are dentists feared again?  Torture?

Marathon Man. Dentist drill.  Torture scene.  'Nuff said Sad

Herbie

• User profile image
    Massif

Bas wrote:

Minh wrote:

Or, abuse your teeth in any way you can, then get a mouth full of crowns. They're indestructible.

Right up until you get an infection underneath the crown. Then you're in trouble.

For further reference, see all the dinnertime conversations my mother had about her days at work... Put me off dentistry for life.

• User profile image
    Bas

Massif wrote:

Right up until you get an infection underneath the crown. Then you're in trouble.

Great, now I'm worried.

• User profile image
    Massif

I wouldn't worry too much, I just suffer from being the son of a dentist, and specifically a dentist who worked (now retired) at a special invention called a "dental access centre."

Which is basically dentists for people who don't have dentists, (and therefore, dentists for people who haven't been to a dentist in 20 years and are only going to one now because they're in severe agony). My outlook on dentistry is therefore slightly coloured.

Although, ironically I haven't been to a dentist in about 7 years.

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

W3bbo wrote:

Minh wrote:

Yeah, my 'rents mouths are full of black cavity fillings (1960s style, yuck!), set me straight ever since. I brush my teeth twice-daily on school days, otherwise once at night. No fillings yet and otherwise good oral hygene. Phew.

The only sugary things I have are my morning cocopops or cheerios (yeah, laugh) and the chocolate muffin or 2x chocolate cookies at around 1700h.

I've read a few articles that link oral issues with other health problems.  Most of those 'problems' were due to lack of flossing, not poor dental hygiene. 

Floss now or pay later Sad

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.