Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

When Apple gets it wrong ...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Ray6

No-one can deny Apple's prowess in the design department, but in their latest Mac piece, ArsTechnica has decided to risk the venom of fanboys everywhere.

In the light of the new iPod Nano (which in some unkind circles, has been christened the 'iPod Phat'),  Ars Technica takes a fond stroll down memory lane, to look at some of Apple's questionable design decisions from the past.

• User profile image
    stevo_

Dunno, seems clear to me that Apple has tarnished the classic a bit to make the touch seem all that more better.

Never liked the 'fatpod', at first I thought the classics looked OK, but with more detailed pictures it really shows them to be just as ugly..

• User profile image
    Rossj

Ray6 wrote:
    Ars Technica takes a fond stroll down memory lane, to look at some of Apple's questionable design decisions from the past.

Everybody makes mistakes, but the trick is to learn from them Smiley I disagree with a couple of the items listed as ugly, which just goes to show that in some cases it is personal taste - personally I think the new iMac keyboards are really fugly.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

stevo_ wrote:
    Never liked the 'fatpod', at first I thought the classics looked OK, but with more detailed pictures it really shows them to be just as ugly..

It's fat in proportions only. It's almost the same width as the existing Nano.

• User profile image
    Ray6

W3bbo wrote:

stevo_ wrote:

It's fat in proportions only. It's almost the same width as the existing Nano.

To be honest, I think it's an improvement. The current nanos are a bit too narrow; the FatPod should be easier to hold.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.