Coffeehouse Thread

11 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Leopard

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    fdisk

I haven't sat down and really toyed around with Mac OS in a while. Is this upgrade going to be worth it? Would October be the best time to buy a Mac?

http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/

Apple.com wrote:
    The biggest Mac OS X upgrade ever, Leopard features 300+ innovations. Explore the Mac of the future today. Arriving in October.
    Movie link

• User profile image
    JonesJ

October would be a great time to buy a Mac...

...October 2099.

• User profile image
    YearOfThe​LinuxDesktop

JonesJ wrote:

...October 2099.

damn they already sold out all the 2099 preorders Sad I guess I'll wait until 2100.

• User profile image
    Massif

JonesJ wrote:

...October 2099.

Your well-thought-out and rational argument has me persuaded. Perhaps you can help me in deciding what kind of console to purchase too.

• User profile image
    RandyRants

300+ innovative features but are they good features?

Remeber kids, Innovation != AutoMagicallyGoodness

Clippy was innovative.  See how that turned out.

Expressionless

• User profile image
    MasterPi

RandyRants wrote:
    300+ innovative features but are they good features?

Anything counts as a feature these days. Just slap a fancy name on it, and...voila!

• User profile image
    TimP

Siyavash wrote:
    If there was a "true" competition for Windows, the market would act on it.

Backwards compatibility is king. Take it as you will.

• User profile image
    Ray6

Siyavash wrote:

Will it finally be possible to resize the windows from all corners and sides?

I would love to know what is thinking behind this. It is one of the most irritating things about the GUI (apart from the single menu sitting at the top of a 24-inch monitor, miles from anywhere).

• User profile image
    Bas

So, all hating aside, what do people think of the new features in Leopard? Compared to Tiger, not to Windows or other operating systems.

• User profile image
    blowdart

Bas wrote:
    So, all hating aside, what do people think of the new features in Leopard? Compared to Tiger, not to Windows or other operating systems.

Coverflow in finder? Oh dear. That's just wrong. Mind you finder has previews for a lot of documents in a way that's far nicer than explorer.

• User profile image
    stevo_

I quiet like some of the Leopard features, the 'OS X Previewing Framework' is quiet nice, if not ripped off from Vista's.. but I think they polished the UI experience a bit more..

One is flicking through various items, and finding a video, the video starts to play, and the user clicks on it, instantly it zooms up to take full screen control.

Sure.. Vista does this, but if theres something Vista still lacks, its the general animation and blending OS X has with its 'explorer'.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.