Coffeehouse Thread

15 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Bin Laden attacks Bernanke policy on new tape

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    brian.​shapiro

On the Al Qaeda tape that was just released, Bin Laden for a short time moves off the topic of Iraq and US Foreign policy weighs in on some of the other political issues debated in the American media. He goes on to talk about "the reeling of many of you under the burden of interest-related debts, insane taxes and real estate mortgages; global warming and its woes..."

Something left out of most official transcripts and airings is a short rant on the policy of Fed chairman Ben Bernanke, where he appears to have a melt down:

"Bernanke is being an academic, its no time to be an academic, he has no idea how bad it is out there! He has no idea what its like out there, none! He's nuts! He knows nothing! This is a different type of market, and the Fed is asleep!"

• User profile image
    Rd_Falcon

Haha.  You wouldn't be suggesting that Bin Laden is Cramer now would you?

In a side note, did he actually comment on the economy? I haven't had a chance to see it yet if he has.

• User profile image
    brian.​shapiro

Rd_Falcon wrote:

Haha.  You wouldn't be suggesting that Bin Laden is Cramer now would you?

In a side note, did he actually comment on the economy? I haven't had a chance to see it yet if he has.

The first quote in my post was his. He tried to appeal to the American people by referring to global warming and tax rates and real estate mortgages and other issues int he headlines and discussed on the media

Thats how I imagined that Bin Laden would suddenly start ranting about Bernanke

• User profile image
    Rd_Falcon

Ah, thanks for informing me.  I still have to say though, I was completely blown away when I watch Cramer on tv that day, but it looks like he may be getting what he wanted after all, a rate cut.

To add some technology to this topic, Microsoft has been holding its own through the rough markets.  In fact, technology as a whole has held up remarkably well.  Any ideas what it is about these companies that allow them to go pretty much unaffected by the swings?  Is it something about the development cycle, cash management, or what? 

• User profile image
    dahat

Rd_Falcon wrote:
    In a side note, did he actually comment on the economy?

Yes he did and that that 20+ minute video there were few topics he didn't touch on. Hell, in it we find that he is about as angry with the elected Democrats in this country as much of the extreme left-wing is with not having ended the war in Iraq yet.

The more I read from it the more I'm forced to laugh and think how familiar his nonsensical ranting was... in fact some bits seemed rather reminiscent of some of the all to memorable conspiracies theories and hate filled rhetoric that we’ve come to expect from our very own terrorist supporting 9er.

• User profile image
    Rossj

Removed - I should know better than to comment on political threads.

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

dahat wrote:

Rd_Falcon wrote:
    In a side note, did he actually comment on the economy?

Yes he did and that that 20+ minute video there were few topics he didn't touch on. Hell, in it we find that he is about as angry with the elected Democrats in this country as much of the extreme left-wing is with not having ended the war in Iraq yet.

The more I read from it the more I'm forced to laugh and think how familiar his nonsensical ranting was... in fact some bits seemed rather reminiscent of some of the all to memorable conspiracies theories and hate filled rhetoric that we’ve come to expect from our very own terrorist supporting 9er.

OK, I'll bite...who would that be?

• User profile image
    dahat

ScanIAm wrote:

I'll let you guess his name... but this is the person who supports the kidnapping, ransoming and killing of unarmed missionaries providing aid to civilians in war torn nations and said:

The Terrorist Supporting 9er wrote:
    Well, they should not send any more missionaries into the Islamic State Of Afghanistan. It is rude and disrespectful to go into children schools and teach them value systems that their parents would not approve of, without concent or permission or approval of the parents of the kids. One might argue that what these missionaries were engaged in was a form of child abuse.

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

The tape is apparently a fake Smiley

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/09/wladen109.xml

Edit:

More here:  http://www.boomantribune.com/story/2007/9/9/61032/95401

Looks like someone pulled a fast one on the media.

• User profile image
    dahat

More than just the media (if it is indeed fake) as the feds have confirmed that the voice is that of Bin Laden.

Despite the edits, my money would be on the video and audio being genuine... but recorded at different times likely due to the mans poor health.

• User profile image
    brian.​shapiro

There were a lot of questions about the identity of the speaker as Bin Laden in earlier tapes because his appearance seems to change a lot. Regardless the tapes usually talk about current events as a way to try to prove that Bin Laden is alive and it isn't old footage

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

I'm just not convinced.  He looks younger, his beard is 'dyed', and the video is frozen every time he mentions anything recent.

I don't doubt that it's him in the video, but it's a bit suspicious, no??

Both digital and analog video doesn't 'freeze' with the audio still running like that.  That effect is only done through editing, so what would be the point of doing it for that long of a period of time?

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

dahat wrote:

ScanIAm wrote:

I'll let you guess his name... but this is the person who supports the kidnapping, ransoming and killing of unarmed missionaries providing aid to civilians in war torn nations and said:

The Terrorist Supporting 9er wrote:
    Well, they should not send any more missionaries into the Islamic State Of Afghanistan. It is rude and disrespectful to go into children schools and teach them value systems that their parents would not approve of, without concent or permission or approval of the parents of the kids. One might argue that what these missionaries were engaged in was a form of child abuse.

DO NOT CALL ME NAMES, DO NOT GENERATE  MALICIOUS, AND BASELESS ALLEGATIONS AGAINST ME!

IF YOU CONTINUE TO HARASS ME, I WILL FILE A LAW SUITE AGAINST YOU FOR SLANDER AND DEFAMATION.

I in no way support terrorists. Your baseless allegations are slanderous to the extreme. My personal opinions about world events are mine and I am entitled to express them in whatever way I wish. People can hold various opinions, it does not make them supporters of a crime like that of terror. IF you don't like my opinion, don't comment on it , and If we all had one opinion the world would be a less interesting place.

DO NOT ADDRESS ME ON THIS FORUM IN ANY THREAD/TOPIC FROM NOW ON. I DO NOT WISH TO HAVE ANY INTERACTION WITH SOMEONE LIKE YOU.

This is your final warning on this matter, and There will be no further discussion between me and you from now on.

Finally, "Get A LIFE".

• User profile image
    dahat

SecretSoftware wrote:
    DO NOT CALL ME NAMES, DO NOT GENERATE  MALICIOUS, AND BASELESS ALLEGATIONS AGAINST ME!

Every word I have ever said to/about you is provable through your words here or external sources (such as quotes from certain books or historical figures) and any name I call you simply expressed my opinions about you... as obviously I have no legal way to declare you a terrorist supporter.

SecretSoftware wrote:
    IF YOU CONTINUE TO HARASS ME, I WILL FILE A LAW SUITE AGAINST YOU FOR SLANDER AND DEFAMATION.

You realize that you just broke the law by threatening me yet again right? Not unlike when you previously threatened my life?

More so... for you to file a slander suit against me (let alone win) you would need to prove actual malice AND damage. Good luck on either.

SecretSoftware wrote:
    I in no way support terrorists. Your baseless allegations are slanderous to the extreme.

There are various degrees of support. Are you providing material support? Probably not... however you do seem to support their actions and methods and your words here have repeatedly show that, just as the comment from above does.

SecretSoftware wrote:
    My personal opinions about world events are mine and I am entitled to express them in whatever way I wish.

So... you can have and share opinions and I can't? Oh right... mine are defamitory because... I think that because of your comments on this site that you support terrorism eh?

SecretSoftware wrote:
    People can hold various opinions, it does not make them supporters of a crime like that of terror.

Opinions are one thing, what you have said here is something completely different.

SecretSoftware wrote:
    IF you don't like my opinion, don't comment on it , and If we all had one opinion the world would be a less interesting place.

Funny you say that... it is obvious that you didn't like my comment above and yet you replied to it... so you expect other people to do something that you are either unwilling or unable to do? Sounds a bit hypocritical to me.

SecretSoftware wrote:
    DO NOT ADDRESS ME ON THIS FORUM IN ANY THREAD/TOPIC FROM NOW ON. I DO NOT WISH TO HAVE ANY INTERACTION WITH SOMEONE LIKE YOU.

I didn’t address you in this thread until now, you addressed me. More so, this is a public forum and if you do not like or agree with something you have no right or ability to silence the person who displeases you... instead you have two options, ignore it or leave. Kinda sounds like familiar advice doesn’t it?

SecretSoftware wrote:
    This is your final warning on this matter, and There will be no further discussion between me and you from now on.

Again... you are threatening me. In a previous thread you threatened my life, and here you threaten me legally. I would be very careful with doing so because you set yourself up for liability by doing so in both cases... and better still show the rest of the C9 community who you really are.

SecretSoftware wrote:
    Finally, "Get A LIFE".

I've got a better idea... Sue me!

• User profile image
    Minh

LOL. Thanks for the latenight laughs, guys.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.