Coffeehouse Thread

29 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Post your twitter name?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Rossj

I know, I know. Twitter.

But still .. post your twitter name? Might convince me to use it more often.

rossj

• User profile image
    harumscarum

o yeah twitter

olasyn

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Rossj wrote:
    I know, I know. Twitter.

But still .. post your twitter name? Might convince me to use it more often.

rossj

No, I have valuable things to do with my time. When I'm seeking attention it's through intelligent, academic things, not spam Smiley

• User profile image
    Rossj

W3bbo wrote:
    No, I have valuable things to do with my time. When I'm seeking attention it's through intelligent, academic things, not spam

I. Erm. Well. Agh. You sure?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Rossj wrote:

W3bbo wrote:
    No, I have valuable things to do with my time. When I'm seeking attention it's through intelligent, academic things, not spam

I. Erm. Well. Agh. You sure?

My inane posts on C9 aren't intentionally attention seeking, the fact they garner attention is but a consequence Wink

Anyway, read this.

• User profile image
    Angus

W3bbo wrote:

I don't actually do many valuable things with my time, but I am glad to find that I have never heard of this website.

It doesn't annoy me that there are a large number of these inane websites dedicated to an extremely annoying concept (that concept being extremely informal communication); it merely makes me wonder why people are so obsessed (it seems) with this form of communication.

What is the compulsion to communicate with others? I can understand that people have a need to gain information from other people (hence my use of several forums), but the type of discussion I witness upon these abominations of the Internet (if I may be so bold) consists of poorly written text which has no apparent point (other than to answer stupid questions which need not have been asked).

Tongue Out

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    blowdart

Mine's not hard to figure out.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

blowdart wrote:
    Mine's not hard to figure out.

http://twitter.com/nonTechnicalTwit?

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

W3bbo wrote:
    ...Anyway, read this.

Wow, that is one blistering article. There for a second, I thought I was actually reading a professional piece of editorial insight. When they got to the point where "Twitter users are probably a danger to themselves and to society", I had to scroll my eyes back up to the address bar to see if it was a reputable source or not...what a bizarre article Smiley

Funny though, since I forever remember Scoble introducing me to twitter Tongue Out I don't think he really fits the "danger to himself and society" profile.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

jsampsonPC wrote:
    Funny though, since I forever remember Scoble introducing me to twitter I don't think he really fits the "danger to himself and society" profile.

Nah; sure he's a danger to himself and society. Except society reacted properly and starved him of attention, so he exerts zero influence on anyone and is thus, no longer a menace to society.

• User profile image
    Island Dog
  • User profile image
    Piroko
  • User profile image
    PerfectPhase

W3bbo wrote:

Anyway, read this.

LOL!

"Slashdot is a well-respected science and technology news aggregation Web site."

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK
  • User profile image
    apwcodemonk​ey

mine's apwestgarth

• User profile image
    Lee_Dale
  • User profile image
    eagle

• User profile image
    Massif

Did eagle just moon us?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.