Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

I give up ... what the hell is it?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Ray6

Sony have released details of something called a Rolly.

It appears to be some sort of plastic widget thing, that dances and plays music, and it looks like this:

Cute. They've made it look like a Velociraptor's suppository.

Anyway, more details of this ... er ... whatever it is, over here.

.. and I hope there's still room in the Aibo bin ....

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Remember at the PS3 announcement Sony said there "would be no gimmicks"?

This just adds further weight to my opinion that Sony is now an evil, two-faced, hypocritical, trolling organization that wants to be the new Apple.

They still make good home hifis though.

• User profile image
    Jason Cox

2007's hotest Christmas present for your cat!

• User profile image
    Dharma Punk

Sony's newest rootkit delivery system.

• User profile image
    dahat
  • User profile image
    Minh

They're called the opposite sex. They're sometimes scary. But some make pretty good ham omelets. I hear you can't live with them, can't live without them.

• User profile image
    Shining Arcanine

Ray6 wrote:
    Sony have released details of something called a Rolly.

It appears to be some sort of plastic widget thing, that dances and plays music, and it looks like this:

Cute. They've made it look like a Velociraptor's suppository.

Anyway, more details of this ... er ... whatever it is, over here.

.. and I hope there's still room in the Aibo bin ....

If I did not know better, I would say that it was designed by Nintendo. Did any prominent designer leave Nintendo for Sony?

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

After seeing the product video I'd be highly disappointed if these things don't grow to a 100ft tall and destroy Tokyo.

• User profile image
    Ray6

Sven Groot wrote:
    After seeing the product video I'd be highly disappointed if these things don't grow to a 100ft tall and destroy Tokyo.

Is the point where I'm supposed to say something about welcoming our new Rolly Overlords?

• User profile image
    Bas

Shining Arcanine wrote:

If I did not know better, I would say that it was designed by Nintendo. Did any prominent designer leave Nintendo for Sony?

No, it's all a Huge Coincidence. The fact that it only has one button, and that you control it by shaking, rolling and twisting it also has nothing to do with the Wii whatsoever.

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

Extremely funny device! Tongue Out

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    ScanIAm

Minh wrote:

They're called the opposite sex. They're sometimes scary. But some make pretty good ham omelets. I hear you can't live with them, can't live without them.

Minh, For the Win!

That cracked me up.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Thats old

I saw a different + slightly larger version in Stuff magazine the other week.

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Wil

Actually, it looks more than a little bit like the first-ever atomic bomb:

replica of the "Trinity" device

Do you suppose that if you get enough of these things close to one another, say on the shelves of a Wal-Mart somewhere, they reach a critical mass, and then...

Sony's revenge!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.