Coffeehouse Thread

47 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Remembering September 11, 2001

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    raymond
  • User profile image
    PaoloM

    Your.

    Own.

    Blog.

     

    Seriously.

  • User profile image
    evildictait​or

    PaoloM wrote:
    

    Your.

    Own.

    Blog.

     

    Seriously.



    ++

  • User profile image
    cornelius

    to quote Borat: "I wish yee luck in your war of terror"

  • User profile image
    evildictait​or

    cornelius wrote:
    

    to quote Borat: "I wish yee luck in your war of terror"



    I think we should stop this thread here before this gets out of hand.

  • User profile image
    odujosh

    I am going on a hunch here but I bet 9/11 coverage will be easy to find if you have loved ones who were involved. First attack on american soil in decades. We should count ourselves lucky not morn a 5+ year old tragedy.

  • User profile image
    phreaks

    PaoloM wrote:
    

    Your.

    Own.

    Blog.

     

    Seriously.



    Wow, Callousness at it's finest.

    The simple act of taking a moment to remember that day is homage to the lives of those it effected that dreadful day.

    Whether words, links, prayers or thoughts; the act of remembering is the point here.


    /RIP Justin, I'll Remember you.

  • User profile image
    Dr Herbie

    phreaks wrote:
    
    PaoloM wrote:
    

    Your.

    Own.

    Blog.

     

    Seriously.



    Wow, Callousness at it's finest.

    The simple act of taking a moment to remember that day is homage to the lives of those it effected that dreadful day.

    Whether words, links, prayers or thoughts; the act of remembering is the point here.


    /RIP Justin, I'll Remember you.


    I don't think it's the subject matter that raised Paolo's response, but the manner of it's presentation; raymond doesn't show that he is personally showing remembrance, he just posts his usual list of impersonal links.

    I also had a twinge of 'spam' when I saw how he posted. I think raymond is playing a game to see how many views/replies he gets for his posts and is using 9/11 to play this game.

    Herbie

  • User profile image
    Massif

    Not so callous, as just because Raymond is talking about something emotive it doesn't make it any more valid than his usual comment spam.

    To be honest I'm more offended by Raymond's post (as it is just his usual spam, but referring to a subject that touches many people's lives) than by Paulo's.

    But then again, this is probably just me fanning some sort of inevitable flame war, so perhaps I'll call it a day here.

  • User profile image
    phreaks

    Massif wrote:
    Not so callous, as just because Raymond is talking about something emotive it doesn't make it any more valid than his usual comment spam.

    To be honest I'm more offended by Raymond's post (as it is just his usual spam, but referring to a subject that touches many people's lives) than by Paulo's.

    But then again, this is probably just me fanning some sort of inevitable flame war, so perhaps I'll call it a day here.


    Argh, I dunno. I get emotional; it was a sad day and is sad to remember.

    But it SHOULD be remembered, not ignored, blown off, forgotten or minimalized.

  • User profile image
    evildictait​or

    phreaks wrote:
    
    Massif wrote:
    Not so callous, as just because Raymond is talking about something emotive it doesn't make it any more valid than his usual comment spam.

    To be honest I'm more offended by Raymond's post (as it is just his usual spam, but referring to a subject that touches many people's lives) than by Paulo's.

    But then again, this is probably just me fanning some sort of inevitable flame war, so perhaps I'll call it a day here.


    Argh, I dunno. I get emotional; it was a sad day and is sad to remember.

    But it SHOULD be remembered, not ignored, blown off, forgotten or minimalized.


    Yes, it should be remembered, but not in the way that raymond proposes. He doesn't realise it, but to link and run a subject like this, he might as well say "remember 9/11?" and when you look up to respond he blows a rasperry at you and runs away.

    It's inappropriate to link-and-run this subject and I don't like him doing it because it trivialises the event.

  • User profile image
    Secret​Software

    Remember to re-investigate the events of that day. The World still does not know who was responsible for it, especially what Governmental agency was responsible for demolishing WTC 1, 2, and 7 using military explosives, of which traces were found on the metal remains.

    The forensic investigation was tampered with by the Bush Admin.

    Its a good time to ask for 911 to be re-investigated, to honor the memories of all who died since then in planet earth.[A]

  • User profile image
    Chadk

    PaoloM wrote:
    

    Your.

    Own.

    Blog.

     

    Seriously.


    And..

    Less Links.

    More content.

    Less useless posts.

  • User profile image
    Bas

    Now would be a wonderful time for a lock.

  • User profile image
    phreaks

    SecretSoftware wrote:
    Remember to re-investigate the events of that day. The World still does not know who was responsible for it, especially what Governmental agency was responsible for demolishing WTC 1, 2, and 7 using military explosives, of which traces were found on the metal remains.

    The forensic investigation was tampered with by the Bush Admin.

    Its a good time to ask for 911 to be re-investigated, to honor the memories of all who died since then in planet earth.


    STFU, seriously, you are an idiot.



    Main Entry: id·i·ot
    Pronunciation: 'i-dE-&t
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French ydiote, from Latin idiota ignorant person, from Greek idiOtEs one in a private station, layman, ignorant person, from idios one's own, private; akin to Latin suus one's own -- more at SUICIDE
    1 usually offensive : a person affected with idiocy
    2 : a foolish or stupid person
    - idiot adjective

  • User profile image
    phreaks

    Bas wrote:
    Now would be a wonderful time for a lock.


    This guy SecretSoftware took the opportunity to be offensive and spew his moronic political conspiracy, anti-Bush, anti-America garbage and desecrate a topic that was meant to remember those that lost their lives, with total disregard for anything other than his effed up politics.

    It is selfish and offensive.


  • User profile image
    cornelius

    phreaks wrote:
    
    Bas wrote:
    Now would be a wonderful time for a lock.


    This guy SecretSoftware took the opportunity to be offensive and spew his moronic political conspiracy, anti-Bush, anti-America garbage and desecrate a topic that was meant to remember those that lost their lives, with total disregard for anything other than his effed up politics.

    It is selfish and offensive.




    i have an idea why dont we remember the number of iraqis killed in last month? or US soldiers that died in a pointless war so far in iraq?? oh wait is that to sensitive a topic??? f**king hypocrates!

    im sure the number of both killed/murdered/tortured is alot higher than numbers of poor people that died 6 years ago on this day

    what happend on that day is very unfortunate but what happened since could have been prevented!


  • User profile image
    Secret​Software

    phreaks wrote:
    
    Bas wrote:
    Now would be a wonderful time for a lock.


    This guy SecretSoftware took the opportunity to be offensive and spew his moronic political conspiracy, anti-Bush, anti-America garbage and desecrate a topic that was meant to remember those that lost their lives, with total disregard for anything other than his effed up politics.

    It is selfish and offensive.




    Nope. It was my opinion.

    How is asking for the truth dishonoring memories?

    You just take what ever the piece of fermented goat sh*t of a president is spoon feeding you.

    The truth is he lied about 911, like he lied about iraq and other things.

    I submit to you that 911 was an inside job carried by the US Government on its own citizens, just like the attack on USS Liberty was allowed to happen by the Pentagon.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.