Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Where are you C9 team?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    dahat

Back in January Sampy said:

Sampy wrote:
    Threads about impeaching Bush (no matter who's calling for it) and the faith of those who head my company have quite a bit of lock potential in them

and yet SecretSoftware has once again hijacked a thread with a similar theme, this time one in memory of the victims of 9-11 and is using it to continue his anti-American rants unchecked and saying such notable things as (1) (2):

SecretSoftware wrote:
    However, I dislike the Bush Administration because they came straight from hell.

All my friends , who are born and bread in the US of A, think bush is a fermented goat sh*t that game from hell.

SecretSoftware wrote:
    I submit to you that 911 was an inside job carried by the US Government on its own citizens, just like the attack on USS Liberty was allowed to happen by the Pentagon.

Are we to assume that such personal insults are now ok? Of course we are well beyond personal insults and attacks from him... lets not forget that this is the same person who has routinely resorts to personal insults such as called people stupid while accusing them of misquoting something and frequently calls the US administration a _azi organization and accusing them and our troops of war crimes and being blood thirsty killers, accused the United States government of causing the events of 9-11-01, has voiced support for terrorists as well as threatened my life and safety as well as threatened a lawsuit.

Frankly this goes well beyond freedom of speech and the C9 Code of Conduct and by your inaction you are enabling him to use this forum to spew his hatred and letting him drag down the quality and credibility of it.

Why?

• User profile image
    Secret​Software

Well, you want to silence dissent?

You want to turn Channel9 into some kind of a gestapo like place, where people cannot express their opinions?

Nah, Don't Think So.

If you disagree with me, argue against my points. 

But don't silence political opinions that you do not agree with.

Big Smile

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

I know I should probably keep out..

Why can't niners be part of the C9 moderator gang? Select a few niners; ones that are here every day: W3bbo and littleguru are just a few who are here reading every thread; every day. Why not give them some powers? They are perfectly respectable people, who can be trusted not to go mental with power (w3bbo I'm not so sure about Wink).

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Angus

Lloyd_Humph wrote:
    I know I should probably keep out..

Why can't niners be part of the C9 moderator gang? Select a few niners; ones that are here every day: W3bbo and littleguru are just a few who are here reading every thread; every day. Why not give them some powers? They are perfectly respectable people, who can be trusted not to go mental with power (w3bbo I'm not so sure about ).

This has already been called for (a long time ago Tongue Out). I think a new moderator was made because of the request, but it is difficult in a way.

People have to remember that Channel 9 has to balance the moderation with the content. Being a Microsoft project, it cannot really be detrimental to the company (lest it be stopped [I don't want that]). If they let people post bad things then it can be detrimental for Microsoft, but in the same way if there are too many "over-zealous" moderators it will have a similar effect.

Angus Higgins

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Lloyd_Humph wrote:
    Why can't niners be part of the C9 moderator gang? Select a few niners; ones that are here every day: W3bbo and littleguru are just a few who are here reading every thread; every day. Why not give them some powers? They are perfectly respectable people, who can be trusted not to go mental with power (w3bbo I'm not so sure about ).

For what it's worth, I am an active (and popular) moderator on ForumPlanet. I'm in charge of 7 boards and a few hundred thousand users (I don't have mod rights over the whole of ForumPlanet and its 47 million users).

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Well, the C9 team are not full time moderators, so I guess that's why some threads carry on past the point where they should perhaps be stopped.

On the other hand, I do find the inconsistency annoying : either moderate or don't moderate, there's no point moderating some of the time, when you're not busy with other stuff.
    Either get a full time mod, or remove any restrictions on which topics are allowed.
    Plus there should be consensus between those with moderator powers -- one moderator should not be able to unilaterally lock a thread because they personally don't see it as part of the Coffeehouse 'area'.  There needs to be some consistency, or 9ers won't know where the boundaries are (it's basically the same rule as with child-rearing - if people don't know for sure where the boundaries are, they'll keep pushing to find out how far they can go).

Herbie

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

This is where the digg-style system would come in handy. Sink or Float threads based upon niner-discretion...But that would require a lot of work to implement.

Maybe people should just start LISTENING to those in charge around here. Sheesh.

• User profile image
    Cornelius Ellsonpeter

I fully expect Charles to come in at any moment, call the community a bunch of children, lock the thread and exit for a few more days.

This is new...how?

Besides, I can think of tons of forums where community members are allowed to be moderators. Not here, though.

Of course now that I said that, we'll have comments from the whiz bang koders at Channel 9 telling us version 4 is almost out the door.

I really don't expect it until next year some time, if at all...even though it's in "beta".

• User profile image
    Charles

We are designing a new type of moderation "system" that will ship in the not too distant future.

In the meantime: USE THE REPORT AS SPAM OPTION THAT DUNCAN IMPLEMENTED! That way, we get alerts and don't have to read every single random thread in the Coffeehouse. Believe it or not, I have better things to do with my time than babysit the Coffeehouse.

NO POLITICS HERE. Why is this so hard to understand?

SecretSoftware and anybody else being a jerk, be respectful or go away. Clear?

C

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.