Coffeehouse Thread

39 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Australia rocks! [now "flavored" with pics]

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    littleguru

So, I'm here... and guys: it's so beautiful! Anybody from Sydney here on Channel 9?

Edit: Pics are found here. I look fat, I'm not!

• User profile image
    jamie

got your 9guy with you?  pics?

otherwise - this thread needs to be locked!  Tongue Out

<charles>
    Do NOT start threads here that have NOTHING to do with ANYTHING remotely related to software, the tech industry, Microsoft, etc. Please get your own blog. </charles>

kidding obviously Smiley

• User profile image
    Charles

Smiley Fair enough. You know what I really mean...

• User profile image
    Cyonix

Cool, I'm in Melbourne

I'd recommend going to the Gold Coast if you get the chance.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

See, I told you the flight would be ok? Smiley

Also, we demand pictures! Big Smile

• User profile image
    LaBomba

Surf's up dude! Smiley

• User profile image
    Custa1200

Cyonix wrote:
    Cool, I'm in Melbourne

I'm up on the Gold Coast if you get up this way. Mail me if you wanna see some sights.

• User profile image
    jamie

it feels like vacation season on c9 - it should play Surfin Safari when it loads Smiley

(...ya ya ver 4 ...)

• User profile image
    littleguru

Cyonix wrote:
    Cool, I'm in Melbourne

I'm coming down there... tomorrow is my flight.
    Meeting up with some guys there Smiley

You australian guys are very kind and nice people. Congrats on that!!

I'm going to fly up to Crains too. Diving at the great barrier reef and having some relax with my girlfriend Smiley

• User profile image
    littleguru

Sven Groot wrote:
    See, I told you the flight would be ok?

Also, we demand pictures!

Yes Sven. Thank you very much. Your words helped me through one or two of my panic attacks - and the wine helped too Big Smile It was really a pleasent flight - the best one since my nearly crash.... really great - enjoyed it a lot.

Pics are going to come Smiley

• User profile image
    littleguru

LaBomba wrote:
    Surf's up dude!

Kinda cold right now... It's colder than at home... but getting better each day - at least it seems like as if.

• User profile image
    Bas

If you still have some time left in Sydney, I recommend climbing the harbor bridge. I did that in 2001 and it was an amazing experience. On the very top of the arch, we could see a completely circular rainbow over the harbor.

• User profile image
    k2t0f12d

Auckland here.  Get out your telescope, I'm waving. Big Smile

• User profile image
    RichardRudek

Yes, I'm in Sydney.  But I'm unsociable... :O

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Well, if Syndey rocks, stop rocking it or it might tip over and break. Never mind all the beer spills you'll be causing. Tongue Out

Have you tried watching the water going down a plug-hole, spinning the opposite way?
    That'd be the first thing I would do ...

Herbie

• User profile image
    Custa1200

littleguru wrote:

Cyonix wrote:
    Cool, I'm in Melbourne

I'm coming down there... tomorrow is my flight.
    Meeting up with some guys there

You australian guys are very kind and nice people. Congrats on that!!

I'm going to fly up to Crains too. Diving at the great barrier reef and having some relax with my girlfriend

That's Cairns Guru Wink said like "Cans". You'll love it up there, but being european you'll also love Melbourne. Sydney is certainly not the nicest part of Aus but when you get to the other places you'll see why Smiley It was warm in Queensland today at about 27 degrees.

• User profile image
    Custa1200

littleguru wrote:

LaBomba wrote:
    Surf's up dude!

Kinda cold right now... It's colder than at home... but getting better each day - at least it seems like as if.

Well we just came out of winter, remember you are upside down Perplexed Cairns will be heaps warmer.

• User profile image
    Bas

Dr Herbie wrote:

Have you tried watching the water going down a plug-hole, spinning the opposite way?
    That'd be the first thing I would do ...

Amusingly, that was the first thing I did there, too. After the jetlag wore off, anyway. Smiley Unfortunately, I didn't really see any difference.

Also fun, though: notice how the north star is missing, the Southern Cross if visible, Orion is upside down, and the moon waxes and wanes in the other direction.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.