Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Wireless Delayed Desktop 8000

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    YearOfThe​LinuxDesktop

I've been waiting this keyboard for months, first it was delayed to march 2007, then september 2007 and now I still can't find it in shops and the shops clerks don't have a clue when it's coming out.

does somebody knows if it has been delayed again? I didn't manage to find any official date on the web Sad

• User profile image
    pacman31

You can pre order it on Amazon but it is expensive (299)

Chris

• User profile image
    JonLumb

pacman31 wrote:

Chris

What is it about really expensive keyboards and not having a number pad?  The Di Novo Edge is exactly the same.  I will not buy a keyboard that doesn't have one, as I am so used to them, and it seems a really odd feature to leave off.

• User profile image
    YearOfThe​LinuxDesktop

JonLumb wrote:

pacman31 wrote:

Chris

What is it about really expensive keyboards and not having a number pad?  The Di Novo Edge is exactly the same.  I will not buy a keyboard that doesn't have one, as I am so used to them, and it seems a really odd feature to leave off.

in the wireless desktop 8000 the lack of numeric keypad is justified because it's a keyboard mainly for use with media centers in fact it has a magnetic dock and also a sort of touchpad on the keyboard so you can use it when you're not at your desk (for example on a couch/sofa/"water while being chased by an alligator"). also if you really need one you can buy it separately.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.