Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Favourite sports person?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Rossj

I know, Sports, Software, not very closely related - but *someone* must watch sports.

Have a favourite sportsperson?

For me it has to be Seabass, quite possibly one of the scariest men on the planet. One knock-out and one broken jaw so far ... I can't help but wonder if he will keep his temper through the tournament.

• User profile image
    Lee_Dale

Ricky Hatton the boxer probably.

Teddy Sheringham and Gazza were hero's of mine when Teddy played for Millwall and didn't become a judas and sign for West Ham Mad

Also Gary Lineker when I was a kid before all the adverts.

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Daley Thompson from my childhood -- I remember in a documentary he stated that he always trained on Christmas day because he knew the competition didn't.

And I seem to remember him from Superstars ..

Herbie

• User profile image
    Lee_Dale

Bet his family loved him lol

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Erm, I have two. Both racing drivers.

Lewis Hamilton
    Ayrton Senna

I was only 1 year old when he died, but he still ROCKS!

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Red5

Dr Herbie wrote:

Daley Thompson from my childhood -- I remember in a documentary he stated that he always trained on Christmas day because he knew the competition didn't.

And I seem to remember him from Superstars ..

Herbie

I remember watching Daley win the '84 Olympic gold.  I think it was the discus that sealed the deal for him.  He was awesome.

Even though Dan O'Brien broke Daley's record, I will still pick Daley over Dan.  Daley was a much more consistent athlete in the Decathlon than Dan O'Brien.

I actually met and competed against Dave Johnson back in '92. He wasn't quite the caliber of these two guys, but an awesome athlete nonetheless. I beat him in the high jump, but he wiped my arse in the other nine events.  Dave was part of the Reebok marketing campaign -- Dan vs. Dave.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.