Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

How to clean-up my PC from Visual Studio 2008 Beta1?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    BlackTiger

My current problem is - I can't install VS2008 Beta2 on my PC.

I had a Beta1 before and unistalled it quite successfully.
    But now I can't install Beta2. Installation fails during installation of "Web Designer Tools". No further information in installation logs.

I've tried to uninstall "Visual Stodio Web Designer Tools" (I don't remember a name) from "Add/remove programs". But it fails too and says "Instrallation is corrupted".

Does anybody saw this problem? Is there any tool to clean-up
     my PC like it was for VS2005 betas?

May be it happens because of Office2007 or "Expression Web"?
    Have no idea. I have another PC where VS2008 never was installed and VS2008B2 was installed without any problems.
     Perplexed

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    AndyC

Yeah, I found that doesn't work at all well. Reformat and reinstall is probably the best option.

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

AndyC wrote:
    Yeah, I found that doesn't work at all well. Reformat and reinstall is probably the best option.

Not for me, unfortunately. Sad

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Sven Groot

A word of advice (too late, I know): never install beta software (especially not of something as complex as Visual Studio) on a system if you're not willing to reformat afterwards.

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

Sven Groot wrote:

A word of advice (too late, I know): never install beta software (especially not of something as complex as Visual Studio) on a system if you're not willing to reformat afterwards.

Eah, I know. But I'm some sort of optimist. Everytime installing MS Betas I hope what in this time MS did better job than last time... Cool

Last modified
  • User profile image
    Skriker V1.0

Dude reisntall your box, or use a VPC Wink

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

Skriker V1.0 wrote:
    Dude reisntall your box, or use a VPC Wink

I can't... Sad
    Really can't...
    [C]

Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.