Coffeehouse Thread

13 posts

Zune 2 launch on October  16th?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Ray6

According to Zune Scene, Microsoft will be throwing a new line of Zunes over the wall next month.

... well we'll wait to see how legitimate they are ....

Compared to the new iPod lines, they look pretty dated, but this is a big improvement on their first attempt.

• User profile image
    Bas

Ray6 wrote:

Compared to the new iPod lines, they look pretty dated, but this is a big improvement on their first attempt.

In what ways?

• User profile image
    Ray6

Bas wrote:

Ray6 wrote:

In what ways?

Dated --> No touch screen.

Big improvement --> Well they just look better than the first lot.

Will be interesting to see if the WiFi is still as useless as the first generation. Hopefully not.

• User profile image
    PaoloM

If you read the transcript, it say October 16th, not 2nd...

• User profile image
    Minh

squircle? Oh my good lord. Sounds like MS got a new job code: "Programarketer", or "Marketveloper", or "DeveloperWhoTookAMarketingNightClassAndNowGotAJobInPeeAr"

---

I poked around and found some Zune taglines:

"Squirt hot music action all over your friends' ear holes"

"Sharing by squirting"

"Nice Zune. Want to squirt?"

"Welcome to the Squircial"

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Minh wrote:

I poked around and found some Zune taglines:

"Squirt hot music action all over your friends' ear holes"

"Sharing by squirting"

"Nice Zune. Want to squirt?"

"Welcome to the Squircial"

Tee Hee Hee

I'm almost crying from laughing.

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Bas

Minh wrote:
    squircle? Oh my good lord. Sounds like MS got a new job code: "Programarketer", or "Marketveloper", or "DeveloperWhoTookAMarketingNightClassAndNowGotAJobInPeeAr"

A squircle is a mathematical shape, not something invented by marketing. left(x - a right)^4 + left(y - b right)^4 = r^4.

• User profile image
    Ray6

PaoloM wrote:
    If you read the transcript, it say October 16th, not 2nd...

Yep; read it wrong. Thanks.

Just fixed it.

• User profile image
    Minh

Bas wrote:

A squircle is a mathematical shape, not something invented by marketing. left(x - a right)^4 + left(y - b right)^4 = r^4.
    Oh, thank god. I thought I'll be hearing "squircle" from MS marketing throughout the holiday shopping season.

• User profile image
    Nitz Walsh

Ray6 wrote:

Dated --> No touch screen.

Big improvement --> Well they just look better than the first lot.

Will be interesting to see if the WiFi is still as useless as the first generation. Hopefully not.

Agreed.  Unless they significantly undercut the newest iPods in price, this doesn't look like something to compete with the iPod touch.

• User profile image
    Bas

Frankly, I don't really care about touch on a music player. What I do care about is being able to use it to browse music stores wirelessly, on the device itself, and then being able to download stuff directly to the device, and not through a PC. Also, WMP syncing and mass storage, plz. Oh, and a worldwide release might help sales, too.

• User profile image
    Sampy

I can neither confirm nor deny my ability to confirm or deny this story.

• User profile image
    keeron

Sampy wrote:
    I can neither confirm nor deny my ability to confirm or deny this story.

Can you confirm the above?

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.