Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Something about Charles

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    dwomac

Ok, I'm gonna keep a little bit less wierd than the topic suggests. Smiley
    I'm a huge fan of your interviews Charles, keep up the good work.
    How about a video with the Channel9 gang? And when can we see more of almighty Anders? Love those C# videos, exciting stuff but it's been a while now. I crave more! Or anything with Brian Beckman, he's the man.
    A daily show like "Anders Hejlsberg, Herb Sutter, Erik Meijer, Brian Beckman: Software Composability and the Future of Languages" would be great Wink

This should probably be in some suggestion post/forum but how about starting with more tutorial oriented videos?
    Maybe even allow for user-submitted ones? Showing off new Microsoft technology and whatnot.
    I'm a pretty experienced programmer myself so I'm not exactly looking for the "Hello World" kinds of tutorial
    but I do enjoy watching tutorials showing off new technology. So I can say "Oh, that's cool" and continue working on my project(s).

Sorry for the rambling, but I can't seem to find the "praise Charles" button anywhere...
    Not to put down the other contributors on Channel 9, don't think I've ever seen anything that wasn't interesting here (Duh). 
    But there's something about Charles he knows just enough to be inquisitive about the harder-to-grasp stuff.

Feel free to delete this if you feel embarassed getting some "man-love" hahaha.

/Raw and unedited, Dwomac

PS: Changed the title from "I love Charles post", hence the "little bit less wierd" which turns into alot more wierd:P
    PPS: I'm a crazy meatball-eating-swede. Wink
    PPPS: Don't you like the PS: touch?Tongue Out
    PPPPS: Yeah I know, "Keep your inside voice to yourself" but isn't that what internet is for?Smiley

• User profile image
    jamie

^

that is not me Wink

*rambling love (or peeved) fests are the norm on c9...  well not this week ha

• User profile image
    LaBomba

jamie wrote:
    ^

that is not me

of course it isn't, he used paragraphs Wink

Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Charles

Thanks for the kind words...

You'll see Anders and Erik soon, Beckman is cooking something special up for November. You will also meet some incredibly interesting geniuses soon (some of whom do not work for MS or even contribute directly (or at all) to our stack, but who are working on the same hard industry-wide problems....)

C

• User profile image
    Chadk

Charles wrote:
    You will also meet some incredibly interesting geniuses soon (some of whom do not work for MS or even contribute directly (or at all) to our stack, but who are working on the same hard industry-wide problems....)

C

Geniuses isnt the word you are looking for here. I would give you the ACTUAL word, but my dictionary doesnt contain any word which is any better than genius Expressionless

• User profile image
    thumbtacks2

Charles wrote:
    You will also meet some incredibly interesting geniuses soon (some of whom do not work for MS or even contribute directly (or at all) to our stack, but who are working on the same hard industry-wide problems....)
    And what difficult problems would those be?

• User profile image
    Chadk

thumbtacks2 wrote:

Charles wrote:
    And what difficult problems would those be?

One thing i can think of is how we make applications easier able to run on x cores, rather than just 1, and still keep the concurrency.

• User profile image
    raymond

Charles wrote:
    Thanks for the kind words...

You'll see Anders and Erik soon, Beckman is cooking something special up for November. You will also meet some incredibly interesting geniuses soon (some of whom do not work for MS or even contribute directly (or at all) to our stack, but who are working on the same hard industry-wide problems....)

C

Terrific.

How about interviews with Alan Cooper, Bjorn Lomborg, and Raymond Kurzweil? Tongue Out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Cooper

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bj%C3%B8rn_Lomborg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Kurzweil

I look forward to your interviews with Anders and Erik.  Smiley

Cool

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.