Coffeehouse Thread

15 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Bye, and good luck Rory

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    blowdart

Now can we bid for bit parts in your book?

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Good luck with the writing -- don't get too successful though, or JK Rowling will send some large men over to break your fingers.  I've heard that's what she does.

Herbie

• User profile image
    littleguru

I hope so much he gets back with his last "big" girlfriend... Tee! He seemed to be so down when they split because of work. It's great news to hear that you finally do what you really want Smiley

It had been a pleasure to have you here Smiley

Good luck dude!

• User profile image
    Bas

Good luck Rory, it's a shame to see you go. Your videos and troll-smashings were some of the most colourful things on Channel 9. All the best!

• User profile image
    Jaz

well good luck, it feels like it's been so short.

i think we'll all miss you and your unique brand of err take on forum life.

• User profile image
    jamie
  • User profile image
    Rossj

His site is down. Where's he going?

• User profile image
    blowdart

Rossj wrote:
    His site is down. Where's he going?

The mother ship is coming back for him.

Naw, back to Portland to write.

• User profile image
    Cyonix

Sad to see you go. Be sure to check back with us and let us know how you're going.

• User profile image
    Flashbak

As a random, unknown talking head from the internet - I'd like to wish you all the best Rory! I can certainly relate to the whole quitting thing...

And one last thing before you go Rory, you realise you have to do a long exit interview and post it on Channel 9!

No really, you must - it's the law Smiley

• User profile image
    harumscarum

congrats on moving on and good luck quitter

• User profile image
    raymond

Enjoyed your videos and posts. Smiley

Best of luck in your future writing career.

“When one door closes, another opens;
    but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door
    that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”

~Alexander Graham Bell

Cool

• User profile image
    Rory

Hey -

Thanks, everybody Smiley

It was a tough year. The past several months - due more to my medical leave than the usual on-the-job insanity - have been a dry spell for me here, and I know that's had a negative impact on 9.

Since you're all here to get from 9 what 9 should give you, I wanted to... "apologize" (I'm not sure if this is the right word given my reasons for disappearing) for not having produced much. Whether good or bad, you people expect videos. It was my job to deliver, and I think I sucked.

And thank Charles Torre as much as you can and as often as possible. He's a machine. He never complained (to me, anyway) about having to work with an emotionally and mentally unstable nutball. He's been patient and tolerant this whole time.

Really - if I were in his position, I'd have broken every last one of my legs.

Yep.

Thanks again - it was an odd, odd, odd year...

• User profile image
    eagle

Change is welcomed....and you can always send us a video in a few months if your not too busy doing nothing elce....

• User profile image
    littleguru

Rory wrote:
    Since you're all here to get from 9 what 9 should give you, I wanted to... "apologize" (I'm not sure if this is the right word given my reasons for disappearing) for not having produced much. Whether good or bad, you people expect videos. It was my job to deliver, and I think I sucked.

It wasn't that bad speaking of 9 Smiley You had some nice fights with trolls and did some nice videos... I still remember the thing where you had a few guys on the couch and you were talking. That was cool!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.