Coffeehouse Thread

21 posts

C9 Park: The REAL reason Rory quit

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • Minh

• littleguru

Hehe... nice!

• esoteric

What's up with all these person-fixated threads?

• Massif

Sounds about right.

• littleguru

esoteric wrote:
    What's up with all these person-fixated threads?

Damn if we would just write some threads about you Wink

• jamie

haha good one Smiley

• jsampsonPC

Haha; these cartoons are hilarious. Loved the pants-on-the-head thing Smiley Unexpected Tongue Out

• Rory

That's the second bloody time my comic style has been ripped off this week. Someone else did one of these comics (though not for public consumption - lots of bad words and stuff).

But keep 'em coming. I'm taking names, and I'm going to sue the pants off all your heads when the dust settles Smiley

• Minh

Rory wrote:
    I'm taking names, and I'm going to sue the pants off all your heads when the dust settles
    Bring it on!
    I've watch each & every episode of L.A. Laws, and thus know my way around the system. I'll tie this case up with motions & directs & such as forever!

• blowdart

Rory wrote:
    I'm taking names, and I'm going to sue the pants off all your heads when the dust settles

Lord, you and your obsession with removing people's pants. It's going to get you in trouble you know.

• Ion Todirel

sorry, can someone explain me why is that funny? everyone says "funny, funny..." never understood the whole c9 park thing Smiley

• Lloyd_Humph

Ion Todirel wrote:
    sorry, can someone explain me why is that funny? everyone says "funny, funny..." never understood the whole c9 park thing

Jamie is the only one fit to explain, methinks.

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • W3bbo

Ion Todirel wrote:
    sorry, can someone explain me why is that funny? everyone says "funny, funny..." never understood the whole c9 park thing

Thesedays one can assume that if a reviewer or commentator says it's "funny" then it isn't.

The definition of "funny" has been degraded and inflated so much. Before it was "comedians are funny", now it's "clowns are funny": which is the point: clowns are not funny, they're either scary or pathetic (and didn't even amuse me when I was 4,5,6).

Maybe it's just that practically everything consumed by the masses is contrived thesedays, true laboured creativity really can't be engineered, but so long as it remains profitable for Harry Enfield to churn out poor impersonations, Stephen Fry to attempt comedy[1], or Matt Lucas to even exist there's no hope for independent funnay in the mainstream.

[1]QI is good, but when he tries to cause a laugh, he fails; as demonstrated by his material for the 40th Anniversary of BBC Radio 4.

• blowdart

W3bbo wrote:
    clowns are not funny, they're either scary or pathetic (and didn't even amuse me when I was 4,5,6).

Which says more about *you* than clowns, a point you seem to miss.

• Minh

I'm working on a frame-by-frame annotation of why that comic is funny, and the back story you need to know for it to be funny. I'm almost done. Just have to spellcheck it. Will post when it's complete.

• jamie

..it's funny because c9park seems to have a habbit of subsuming every other comic sooner or later. it was this ones time.

*wonder where it gets that attribute from... hmmm.  cough(ms)cough

• eagle

Those pants need some irony, they look very wrinkled.

• ScanIAm

blowdart wrote:

W3bbo wrote:
    clowns are not funny, they're either scary or pathetic (and didn't even amuse me when I was 4,5,6).

Which says more about *you* than clowns, a point you seem to miss.

You need to see "Shakes the Clown" and you'll find a newfound respect for clowns...plus an extreme hatred for mimes.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.