Coffeehouse Thread

104 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

I want an interview with the Zune team!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    intelman

With the latest Zune announcements I want to see an interview with the Zune team. That software looks neat, almost like it might be based on WPF? I also want to see what the new interface on the Zunes will be. I can't wait to update my current Zune 30. For now I must suffer with the old Tongue Out

• User profile image
    littleguru

I wonder if that new Zune is a threat to the iPod. I can't believe it, but we'll see Smiley

• User profile image
    PaoloM

The UI, even on my "old" Zune 30, is gorgeous Smiley

• User profile image
    blowdart

PaoloM wrote:
    The UI, even on my "old" Zune 30, is gorgeous

Whereas the client software UI ....

*ugh* How could they get that so wrong?

• User profile image
    Bas

Why isn't Channel 10 covering this yet?

I have to say, I'm really impressed with the new zunes. Wireless syncing, DRM-free music store, no more three day limit... Heck, it even gets a positive response from both Engadget and its readers. Good job on pricing, too.

I read somewhere that we can now sync from Media Center, too. Does this mean the Zune software won't be necessary anymore? Because I still have no idea why you'd need special software to sync media if you already have a media center and media player that can sync media.

But: good stuff. Way to get it right. Also, nice job on the firmware update. Now... international release will be when?

• User profile image
    blowdart

intelman wrote:
    With the latest Zune announcements I want to see an interview with the Zune team. That software looks neat, almost like it might be based on WPF? I also want to see what the new interface on the Zunes will be. I can't wait to update my current Zune 30. For now I must suffer with the old

I have to admit I'm pleasantly shocked that the older zunes will get the updates too.

• User profile image
    Jaz

god damn it took you long enough,  I wonder how long before you launch it in europe if ever?

I'm quite excited though, shame that 80gb is the highest, though the synching over wifi is the feature i want.  It's now a big toss up for me over the Ipod Classic 160gb (no i don't listen to 160gb of music, but i hate having to cut my collection in half and then thinking damn i want to listen to that album right now, shame it's at home) or the Zune 80.

choices choices, but at least we now have a choice, congrats MS.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Jaz wrote:
    choices choices, but at least we now have a choice, congrats MS.

Choice?! Ha! Theiving CRIMINALS like you SHOULD HAVE NO CHOICE!

• User profile image
    Rossj

PaoloM wrote:

I saw my first one yesterday, and whilst the interface was 'ok' the actual unit felt like it was going to crack each time I pressed a button - it just feels horrible to hold. Hopefully these new ones don't feel like cheap plastic ones.

On a related note, I know the Zune is based on the Gigabeat from Toshiba, but looking at poor quality pics of the Gigabeat the box looks *very* similar.

• User profile image
    Bas

Oh, by the way, if you -do- still need to use the Zune software instead of Media Center... will it at least be able to use the same library as MC/WMP?

Edit: Is there still a '$1 has to go to Universal because buying a Zune makes you a thief' tax?

• User profile image
    BlackTiger

intelman wrote:
    I want an interview with the Zune team!

Just to say them how rubbish their "brick" is.
    "Designed by XX century"...

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    BlackTiger

Bas wrote:

Bcoz there is nothing to cover.

Bas wrote:

...Now... international release will be when?

Never. MS is affraid of EU.

If you stumbled and fell down, it doesn't mean yet, that you're going in the wrong direction.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Ray6

Bas wrote:

I have to say, I'm really impressed with the new zunes. Wireless syncing, DRM-free music store, no more three day limit... Heck, it even gets a positive response from both Engadget and its readers. Good job on pricing, too.

Oh My God.

There are people on Engadget asking for OSX support! ... Smiley

But here is the real kicker. Owners of the Zune Mark 1 (all three of them), will get the UI with a download. Now how is that for having a company protect your investment?

Nice to see MS step up with a blinder.

Dear God I may actually buy one ....

As someone who has rubbished the Zune on more than one occasion:

I'm  eating a  big slice of  humble pie, cooked in the oven of shame at gas mark 'egg on my face' ...

• User profile image
    intelman

PaoloM wrote:

I agree,  but how will that look once you get the firmware 2.1 update, that is what I want to see.

• User profile image
    Bas

intelman wrote:

I agree,  but how will that look once you get the firmware 2.1 update, that is what I want to see.

Apparently, like this. (From 0:40)

I like what I can see so far, although I'm not familiar with the old UI (bla bla international release).

• User profile image
    Skriker V1.0

Microsoft has no love for the UK, over priced software and still no Zune!!! Expressionless[C]

• User profile image
    Ray6

Skriker V1.0 wrote:
    Microsoft has no love for the UK, over priced software and still no Zune!!!

I thought it was coming to the UK for Christmas ... Sad

• User profile image
    YearOfThe​LinuxDesktop

Skriker V1.0 wrote:
    Microsoft has no love for the UK, over priced software and still no Zune!!!

it looks like it's time to escape from UK then. how did you manage to live in a social-less country for so long?? Perplexed

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.