Coffeehouse Thread

39 posts

Back to the Futurizer .. Why not Scoble?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

Scoble sure does seem to have alot to say about Microsoft today.  From zune to .Net open source to ballmer and facebook...

What the heck has podtech done since hes been there?  i dont go there - i just read scoble

maybe you could get him back?

love him or hate him - hes fun and gets the word out!

Scoble +1

• User profile image
    harumscarum

The term that comes to mind is attention (I need to watch my language).

• User profile image
    littleguru

Like I said: he has no cerdibility! If he knows as much about all the other stuff he posts than about what he posted on the .NET "open source" move it means that he knows NOTHING!

BTW: how did he get out of his "search engine" story? Wink Haven't checked his blog lately.

• User profile image
    jamie

littleguru wrote:
    Like I said: he's no source! If he knows as much about all the other stuff than about what he posted on the .NET "open source" move - he knows like NOTHING!

He has no credibility at all... btw. how did he get out of his "search engine" story

but he invented channel9 and the long video format! Wink

ya maybe charles would never go for it

he is fun though

edit: if he did come back - you guys would be all - welcome back!  ..as would i

• User profile image
    wkempf

I can't call him fun.  I'm probably going to drop his blog soon, despite it being a decent place to hear a lot of the echos in the echo chamber.  I just can't stomach him any more.  If he were to come back here, I might have to leave C9 as well.

• User profile image
    jamie

littleguru wrote:

jamie wrote:
    but he invented channel9 and the long video format!

he is fun though

man you forgot the forums, wikis, blogs, tags, rss, podcasts, ... and endless list

jamie wrote:

I really don't now if I would welcome him back. Why? Well he would need to earn his credibility and respect back. He seems to be like a banner in the wind. One day in that direction one day in the other... just who pays him. If he would have been still at Microsoft he wouldn't have posted in that way. It would have been more like: what a great move! finally! welcome new microsoft, yadda yadda...

why?  cause he is the coke of blogging (still)

and he has ALWAYS been the same.. good posts/ bad posts/ informed posts / silly posts

i should have posted this in the other "who next" thread sorry.. but i ask myself - will c9 ever get that front end back  (to the blogoshpere) - or will it just be for developers

i dont think scoble has changed one bit since c9 - except for an iphone fever Wink

• User profile image
    littleguru

jamie wrote:
    but he invented channel9 and the long video format!

he is fun though

man you forgot the forums, wikis, blogs, tags, rss, podcasts, ... and endless list (that he invented too, btw.) Wink

jamie wrote:

I really don't now if I would welcome him back. Why? Well he would need to earn his credibility and respect back. But a bland taste would stay... Why? He seems to be like a banner in the wind. One day in that direction one day in the other... just who pays him.

If he would have been still at Microsoft he wouldn't have posted in that way. It would have been more like: what a great move! finally! welcome new microsoft, yadda yadda...

• User profile image
    esoteric

I prefer Charles' laid-back smooth style as opposed to Scoble's perma-loudness. That said, Scoble's interviews did have a certain charm. I just see him as a fellow expressing his views as he sees them, but with a possibly narrow field of view. Let the guy rant and forget about it...

• User profile image
    littleguru

esoteric wrote:
    Let the guy rant and forget about it...

Probably the best, yes.

• User profile image
    littleguru

He's still into blogging, but he doesn't seem to investigate very well. He's just posting what everybody else is posting and what makes it even worse is that he seems to have different opinions in one single post.

Look at the .NET post from today: first he says it is bad - in the end he says it is good! WTF! Get an opinion.

And still: just because he blogs it doesn't mean that his blog is good. There are a lot of other websites / blog-like sites that do a better job.

I'm not an AAA list blogger like he is. I'm probably a ZZZZZZ list blogger but I'm not selling myself to gain a few more hits. He can tell me as often as he wants that he isn't posting a story or another because it brings hits: i don't believe him anymore!

• User profile image
    Bas

Scoble still hangs around here now or then to post, or to fight with Rory.

littleguru wrote:
    He's still into blogging, but he doesn't seem to investigate very well. He's just posting what everybody else is posting and what makes it even worse is that he has two different opinions in one post.

Look at the .NET post from today: first he says it is bad - in the end he says it is good! WTF! Get an opinion.

And still: just because he blogs it doesn't mean that his blog is good. There are a lot of other websites / blog-like sites that do a better job.

That's the annoying thing about blogs, I think. They pretend to be important because they're news sites, yet when accused of being biased they use the "we're a blog, we don't have to be objective!" defense. And then they all echo the same things everybody else is echoing over and over.

And Scobles .NET post was laughable. First it's lame, then it's a good move. He even switches opinion in the same paragraph at the end.

• User profile image
    Bas

Even autonomous vehicles disagree with Scoble!

http://scobleizer.com/2007/10/02/attack-of-the-robotic-helicopter/

• User profile image
    jamie

well its totally improbable anyway. i doubt he'd come back (but he sure likes talking about ms - and thats what people seem to read on his site (judging from the comment counts)

there used to be a bridge to the blogs from c9 via scoble once - thats all im really saying

rory was great and had his own blog following but it wasnt like he talked about ms.. like scoble does.

so whatever.. podtech ha.  maybe Wag Ed could grab him Wink

edit:  just who is ms's one authoratative voice in the BS (BlogoSphere ha)

*press releases and execs with no blogs do not count

this hole goes well beyond c9?  c9 members would more than likely support such a person or voice.. but there isnt one?

• User profile image
    jamie

im still waiting for the fertilizer joke.. oops  Wink

• User profile image
    RobertScoble

I'd love it if someone from Channel 9 took my Zune Challenge.

But, mostly everyone here is right. I'm not worth listening to. I'm just an attention wh0re, like someone said.

That said, the people I interview for ScobleShow are worth listening to. In the year or so since leaving Channel 9 I've interviewed about 300 people, including tons of smart geeks and entrepreneurs and even gotten a tour or two of Microsoft in there as well.

• User profile image
    jamie

RobertScoble wrote:
    I'd love it if someone from Channel 9 took the Zune Challenge: http://scobleizer.com/2007/10/03/a-challenge-to-the-zune-advocates/

But, mostly everyone here is right. I'm not worth listening to. I'm just an attention wh0re, like someone said.

That said, the people I interview for ScobleShow are worth listening to. In the year or so since leaving Channel 9 I've interviewed about 300 people, including tons of smart geeks and entrepreneurs and even gotten a tour or two of Microsoft in there as well.

..some of us wernt attacking.. and if i had a zune id take the challenge Smiley

• User profile image
    Bas

RobertScoble wrote:
    I'd love it if someone from Channel 9 took my Zune Challenge.

Yeah, yeah, Zune. Anything to say about the comments on your .NET open source post?

• User profile image
    phreaks

I'd like to see the Al Gore vs Scoble celebrity Death Match. Perplexed

What's the Zune Challenge? *Reading*

I just read, and poke fun of everyone, all in good fun.
    No harm intended.

/OK I read the challenge, and will be waiting to watch it.

Personally, I think iPod and Zune both have lots of room, for improvement.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.