Coffeehouse Post

Single Post Permalink

View Thread: New Browser from Unlikely Source
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

The amusing thing on the second page.... (listen to the flash thing)

She mentions when she was 13, she and her friends entered a chatroom and got into a convo with an "online predator" and then received bad shít in the mail a few days later, then they spoke to their parents.

Uhm.... why the FARK did she give out her HOME ADDRESS to someone in a chatroom?

I knew better when I was 9....

Then they go on about some statistical crap about how going into a chatroom gives you a "one-hundred percent chance" of coming into contact with an "online sexual predator".

Where are they pulling these figures out of?

Anyway, I'm downloading this browser as we speak (gonna boot it up in a VPC instance, there has to be some kind of ulterior motive behind this)

EDIT:

Heh, from the "Welcome" email:

Miss America wrote:
    Other cool features include:

o Lauren Nelson can be programmed to speak random words of encouragement to children by their parents
    o Lauren Nelson can be programmed to speak Chore Reminders to children by their parents
    o Lauren Nelson will read a child's email out loud from parent approved email buddies

These are the makers of the browser, complete with cheesy "Now remember kids, this is what a paedophile looks like" video.