Coffeehouse Thread

54 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to court I go

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    rjdohnert

Back to court again

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Tonight on my way home, I got pulled yet again. This time on I440. 77 in a 60 mph zone. WHAT THE HECK IS UP WITH THAT!!!!!! Everyday that I do the speed limit people pass me like Im standing still, I break the speed limit and I get busted. Where the holy hell is the justice in this world. WHY THE HELL ARE THEY PICKING ON ME!!!!!I'm just going my way minding my own business, suddenly blue lights. One set, then 2 then 3. I pull over. I have a cop tell me to get out of my vehicle and put my hands on the truck. Im game so sure. "Dont make any sudden moves" Ok no sudden moves. He starts feeling my pockets. "Whats this?" Cigarettes, lighter and MP3 player. What the hell is going on, I have insurance, registration is up2date, inspection is out by 2 years. Inspection expired in 2005 but OK. "Whats that in your back pocket" "Wallet and change container"
    Cop: "Dont make any sudden moves" Ok, not my intention. Shirts halfway tucked in he pulls it out.
    Me: "Dont get too friendly"
    Cop: "Shut up". Ok maybe not the time to be a smart a$$.
    Cop: "Have you been drinking tonight sir"
    Me: "No"
    Cop: "Any illegal drugs in your vehicle sir?"
    Me: " Is that a trick question?"
    Cop: " Sir, answer the question"
    Me: "I dont think so"
    Cop: " Can I search your vehicle"
    Me: "Got a warrant?"
    Cop: 'Dont move"Shines light in my truck and does a view search
    Cop: "License and Resgistration"
    Me: "Does this mean I can move without getting a cap in my (I need to watch my language)?"
    I guessed and got my license and registration
    Cop 2 circling my truck, Noticed inspection out by 2 years
    Cop2: "Did you know your inspection was out since November of 2005"
    Me: "Yeah I would have made it to the full 2 years if you hadnt stopped me"
    Cop: after calling in license and registration info " What fire were you going too"
    Me: Full smart a$$ mode " Well I was going to Fayetteville street before all the hot looking hookers moved on. Nothing worse then getting there and all the hookers are missing teeth and are riddled with all types of STD's"
    Cop: Shooting me evil look " You're getting a ticket, dont make me take you to jail"
    Me: " Oh goody. I need the vacation"
    Cop: "Where do you work"
    Me: " Classified"
    Cop: Storms off to write me ticket
    Cop2: "Sir we are just doing a job, no need to be smarting off. Like you we want this to go smoothly and be over quickly. By the way where do I know you from, you look familiar. blah blah blah blah"
    Me: "Its whatever"
    Cop: After about 10 minutes gives me ticket " Get your inspection fixed"
    Me: "sure"
    Cops drive off and I get back in my truck to look at the ticket. Speeding, court date December 20th 2007 but he didnt cite me for the out of date inspectionMe: "Sweet, Im going to make it 2 years without a ticket for expired inspection" On the way home. DWI checkpoint. Hit a cone in the street. CRAAAAAAAAPWhy am I pissed off? 2007 I have had a court date every month. 2007 not my year.

• User profile image
    Chadk

Wow. Is the cops that paranoid in the US?

In Denmark they would just ask you to get out of the car and talk to them, and ask if you were aware that you drove too fast, and that its not good for the security, and that they sadly have to give you a ticket.

What a sad world the US seems to be Sad

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

rjdohnert wrote:
    Tonight on my way home, I got pulled yet again. This time on I440. 77 in a 60 mph zone. WHAT THE HECK IS UP WITH THAT!!!!!! Everyday that I do the speed limit people pass me like Im standing still, I break the speed limit and I get busted. Where the holy hell is the justice in this world. WHY THE HELL ARE THEY PICKING ON ME!!!!!

You broke the speed limit and got caugh.  Deal with it; no need to whine about it.

Perhaps if you stopped being such a smart@ss to the cops they would treat you a little better.

Herbie

• User profile image
    Proz

I think the police were right to give you a ticket when you were doing 77 in a 60 zone, after all that's part of their job. Speeding is just irresponsible, and why not just get that inspection? I don't own a car and I live in a completely different part of the world, but I can't imagine that they do these inspections just for the fun of it.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

I wasn't there so I can't say for certain, but from the way you wrote it those cops were in their right.

You were speeding, they had every right to pull you over. Just because you have the impression other people are getting away with it doesn't give you the right to break the rules. And it does sound like you acted like an áss.

If you don't want to cops to "pick on you", don't be defiant. Cooperate with them. As soon as they approach you go into apologetic mode. Don't make up excuses, just say you know you were wrong and you made a mistake. That's the attitude that gets you off with a warning.

• User profile image
    esoteric

You drove too fast and got a ticket. Nothing to say there. The concrete procedure? A bit of a cultural shock for me perhaps, but then it's no time to act like a S.A.

• User profile image
    stevo_

Nice story this, guy complaining hes off to court, guy complains hes been pulled for speeding then acted like a (I need to watch my language) to the police for them doing their job.. Seriously, I expect some people to act like wankers sometimes but be hugely ashamed of their self afterwards.. not to go on a forum and essentially 'boast' about it.. you're not a 14 year old.. right? Perplexed

• User profile image
    eagle

Turn the ticket over, tic Guilty, write a check for the amount stated for the fine send it to the address listed for the Court.

If you don't have a stamp you may be able to pay the fine on-line.

Your lucky he didn't site you for the long overdue inspection, in NJ they would give you the Death Penalty for that.

• User profile image
    Custa1200

rjdohnert wrote:
    Tonight on my way home, I got pulled yet again. This time on I440. 77 in a 60 mph zone. WHAT THE HECK IS UP WITH THAT!!!!!! Everyday that I do the speed limit people pass me like Im standing still, I break the speed limit and I get busted. Where the holy hell is the justice in this world. WHY THE HELL ARE THEY PICKING ON ME!!!!!

They picking on you due to YOU doing stupid things. Plain and simple.

Doing what you have said where I live if you did the same speed over the limit last time you would not even have a license now.

Just promise us when you end up being in an accident, make sure it's a single vehicle one and not one where an innocent bystander, like you don't want to be watching people speed past you.

WHAT THE HECK IS UP WITH YOU!!!

• User profile image
    PerfectPhase

Reminds me of this, I speed at times, know it's wrong but do it anyway, if you get caught have the good grace to shut up and take the ticket and get on with life.  Winning about it and running your mouth off just makes you look like an idiot. 

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Who's boasting?  I was just telling you guys about my experience as a criminal in the state of NC.  And I was a smarta$$ because what he did was excessive.  What happened to "license and registration" give the info get the ticket.  No yanking me out of the car.  Pull me out of my vehicle, frisk me.  The other guys looked like they wanted to beat the crap out of me.  Wants to search my vehicle.  For speeding?  Cmon and the MFer kept my MP3 player.  You heard of Rodney King.  This would have been a Roberto Dohnert.  They beat down the blacks on the west coast, the latino's on the east. 

stevo_ wrote:
    Nice story this, guy complaining hes off to court, guy complains hes been pulled for speeding then acted like a (I need to watch my language) to the police for them doing their job.. Seriously, I expect some people to act like wankers sometimes but be hugely ashamed of their self afterwards.. not to go on a forum and essentially 'boast' about it.. you're not a 14 year old.. right?

• User profile image
    JeremyJ

rjdohnert wrote:
    Who's boasting?  I was just telling you guys about my experience as a criminal in the state of NC.  And I was a smarta$$ because what he did was excessive.  What happened to "license and registration" give the info get the ticket.  No yanking me out of the car.  Pull me out of my vehicle, frisk me.  The other guys looked like they wanted to beat the crap out of me.  Wants to search my vehicle.  For speeding?  Cmon and the MFer kept my MP3 player.  You heard of Rodney King.  This would have been a Roberto Dohnert.  They beat down the blacks on the west coast, the latino's on the east. 

Did you ever think that maybe you and your vehicle matched the description of one that was used in the crime?  That is why they act that way becaus if they don't they get shot.  Not too long ago an officer pulled over a person for a simple traffic violation.  The guy didn't want to get a ticket so he blew the officer away.

Cops deal with all sorts of smart a55 idiots all day long.  You didn't help.  If you would of just cooperated then it would have been over without incident.  Don't break the law and you don't get stopped.  Sounds pretty simple to me.

• User profile image
    DigitalDud

Chadk wrote:
    Wow. Is the cops that paranoid in the US?

In Denmark they would just ask you to get out of the car and talk to them, and ask if you were aware that you drove too fast, and that its not good for the security, and that they sadly have to give you a ticket.

What a sad world the US seems to be

I'm sure if you're smarting off to cops in Denmark you'd get a similar reaction.

• User profile image
    Sourcecode

I find that totally offensive, you acted like a tard and deserve everything you get. I have never been stopped by the law, and I certainly would not be proud to have been.

• User profile image
    Red5

RJ, I've talked my way out of more tickets by just being plain nice and respectful to the men and women in blue. These people put their lives in check everytime they make a routine traffic stop.

I have also received my fair share of tickets by being silent or a smarta$$.

You have a great opportunity here to learn from this situation and not repeat it. Unless of course you enjoy this type of conflict in the context of your life.

And for pete's sake, why speed?  Law Enforcement is just looking for people like you to help fill the public coffers. Their main goal though is to serve and protect.  I admit some speeding laws are plain stupid, but at this point in my life I don't want to fight city hall. My time is better spent elsewhere earning money instead of giving it away to city hall.

• User profile image
    prndll

There is more than enough reason to get pulled over by a cop. Just pay the ticket and move on.

btw...
    Get rid of the bad attitude or more of this kind of thing will happen.

• User profile image
    DigitalDud

The worst I've gotten have been parking tickets, for things like "not knowing there was a baseball game tonight".  I'm sure most people are in the same boat.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.