Coffeehouse Thread

57 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

so..uh... Nikon wins.. hands down.

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    ZippyV

ZippyV wrote:
    Would the D40 be a good idea for an amateur/wannabe like me or should I go for a cheap Sony Cybershot with a Carl Zeiss lens?

Kabump

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

ZippyV wrote:
    Would the D40 be a good idea for an amateur/wannabe like me or should I go for a cheap Sony Cybershot with a Carl Zeiss lens?
    If you don't want to end with another "old cheap family camera" you should go with a DSLR, Nikon D40 is a good one to start with

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

Ion Todirel wrote:

ZippyV wrote:
    If you don't want to end with another "old cheap family camera" you should go with a DSLR, Nikon D40 is a good one to start with

It does have one issue that you need to be aware of if you intend to buy lenses for it, though:  it will only autofocus with AF-S or AF-I lenses (most of Nikon's zoom/telephoto lenses have already been switched over to AF-S, but there are no fast AF-S prime lenses available from Nikon).

Not an issue if you intend to stick with the kit 18-55mm lens, but you need to be aware of it before you buy the camera.  Aside from the lens compatibility issues, it's a great camera.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.