Coffeehouse Thread

24 posts

Who's enjoying the Chatpad?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    littleguru

I'm and I put a "review" on my blog... Anybody else having bought an Xbox 360 Chatpad? What do you guys think about it?

• User profile image
    itzli

Like I posted on your blog, I picked one up over the weekend and I am really enjoying it for typing. The only thing I'm having problems with is using it along with my wireless headset. The headset just won't sync up with my xbox when the chatpad is plugged in.  Is this scenario not supported? Sad

• User profile image
    littleguru

I don't know if they are going to support that... perhaps somebody knowing more?

• User profile image
    SamMunro

Chatpad still doesn't work with vista. No driver yet. Weird, I thought was just a simple keyboard.

• User profile image
    RamblingGeek​UK

littleguru wrote:
    I'm and I put a "review" on my blog... Anybody else having bought an Xbox 360 Chatpad? What do you guys think about it?

My wife bought me one for chistmas I like mine.  I like that it doesn't get in the way of playing games.

• User profile image
    Bas

Can you use the chatpad as a keyboard device in XNA?

• User profile image
    jamie

chatpad...

cool name.  obvious usage.

why do you have to have xbox for it?

• User profile image
    Bas

jamie wrote:
    chatpad...

Because PC's already have keyboards.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

jamie wrote:
    chatpad...

Well, considering it plugs into an xbox controller, I'd think that it was pretty obvious Tongue Out

I suppose there's some hack out there to allow you to use the chatpad on PC, though.

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    jamie

no i mean just... NEW from MS - ChatPad

talk and save!  (i have no idea what the "real" chatpad is or does)

i just think it sounds like a subset of messenger - without being on all the time - and you could save quick conversations

*yes - it is bad to save chat sessions - but with... Chatpad - that would be the point (to save it)  job instructions / deliverables / expectations..work feedback / revisions /

i want that stuff saved - like email .. but live would be new
    *works with Outlook

*edit: requires outlook knowing which contacts are online - or from recent message: "Jamies replies: Start Chatpad"  [link]

• User profile image
    PaoloM

Here's some context, Jamie Smiley

(the chatpad is on the left)

• User profile image
    intelman

Honestly, the simple soultion would be to allow a keyboard to attach to the Xbox or controller. Small devices are annoying, it is like tacking on a cellphone onto a controller...

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

intelman wrote:
    Honestly, the simple soultion would be to allow a keyboard to attach to the Xbox or controller. Small devices are annoying, it is like tacking on a cellphone onto a controller...

I'm led to believe you can already use USB keyboards on the Xbox.

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    PaoloM

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

intelman wrote:

That's correct, but by default they only work in the dashboard. Each game must implement keyboard support on thier own.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

PaoloM wrote:

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

intelman wrote:

That's correct, but by default they only work in the dashboard. Each game must implement keyboard support on thier own.

So it's pretty pointless Sad

By dashboard, do you mean the popout blades too? So we can be playing a game, but when we push the Xbox button, we can send a message with a USB keyboard?

/me contemplates purchasing another USB keyboard

Last modified
  • User profile image
    PaoloM

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

PaoloM wrote:

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

intelman wrote:

So it's pretty pointless

By dashboard, do you mean the popout blades too? So we can be playing a game, but when we push the Xbox button, we can send a message with a USB keyboard?

As far as I understand, yes. But at that point, a chatpad is probably a better choice Smiley

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

PaoloM wrote:

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

PaoloM wrote:

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

intelman wrote:

So it's pretty pointless

As far as I understand, yes. But at that point, a chatpad is probably a better choice

So I'm assuming you've got an Xbox... gamertag?

Last modified
  • User profile image
    PaoloM

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

PaoloM wrote:

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

PaoloM wrote:

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

intelman wrote:

So it's pretty pointless

As far as I understand, yes. But at that point, a chatpad is probably a better choice

So I'm assuming you've got an Xbox... gamertag?

I used to be Dumpshocked, but that is connected to a canadian Live ID AND I CANNOT TRANSFER A LIVE ID TO ANOTHER COUNTRY FOR SOME VERY ODD AND IMPLAUSIBLE REASONS. (hi, Live Support Smiley)

Now I am ThatPaolo, but all my points are still on that other GT, not that I play much...

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.