Coffeehouse Thread

12 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

HAHA!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Steve411

Horrible. I bought three Microsoft Points (4000) and they are not working. Not on the web interface nor on the XBOX Live Interface. This is bull, I'm on the phone with a lady right now and have been on hold for like 20 minutes. She made me try to activate the card three times. ... The definition of insanity is repeating the same fricking thing over and over again and expecting a different result!

What do I do? The store I've gone back to already and they said they can't do anything since they've been scratched off, apperantly they can't even touch them (they refused to) due to Microsoft Copyright laws! ...

Ahh, guys, this is like 130$ dollars. Stupid.
    - Steve

• User profile image
    littleguru

I have started to buy them online ... it's easier. Smiley

I mean you can't do much about it anymore... I hope they refund you in some way, really!

If I remember correctly there was already somebody before you posting here about points not working? Like a year or more ago. Seems like this is really happening from time to time. Sad

• User profile image
    Steve411

littleguru wrote:
    I have started to buy them online ... it's easier.

I mean you can't do much about it anymore... I hope they refund you in some way, really!

If I remember correctly there was already somebody before you posting here about points not working? Like a year or more ago. Seems like this is really happening from time to time.

I'm being thrown from department to store, from store to department like it's no ones business. Finally (if I understood her correctly, then again the people on the other line English = 15% understandable) the lady said they're just going to activate the cards through their systems. Although, it's going to take 3 hours to process ... It's been three hours, and it hasn't worked.

Now I'm getting "Can't retrieve information from XBOX Live. Please try again later.", which xbox.com tells me to recover my gamer tag --- did that. Reset network connection -- did that. No result yet.

She also mentioned that there was an XBOX Live update coming through that I needed to get, however it requires the Halo 3 disk ... I don't have Halo 3 yet. Can anyone verify this?

I'm getting really pissed off here at this, no refund, no exchange, and nothing from Microsoft.

- Steve

• User profile image
    Lee_Dale

A mate of mine sent his xbox back when he got the rings of death, after a whiel MS sent him back a refurbed replacement that had the same problem?

What do they just send them out without checking them?

Anyway after hours on the phone trying to explain the situation, they finally sent him some compensation, a wireless headset Expressionless

What! whats the good of a wireless headset if you havn't got a console to use it with :O

Beggers belief it really is sometimes.

• User profile image
    Steve411

leeappdalecom wrote:
    A mate of mine sent his xbox back when he got the rings of death, after a whiel MS sent him back a refurbed replacement that had the same problem?What do they just send them out without checking them?Anyway after hours on the phone trying to explain the situation, they finally sent him some compensation, a wireless headset What! whats the good of a wireless headset if you havn't got a console to use it with Beggers belief it really is sometimes.
    Just got off the phone with XBOX Live support. Actually hung up on them, no help at all. RETAILER WILL NOT RE-SCAN IT! He still kept pushing the issue stating that I have to take it back .... idiots.$149.97 down the drain. Going to actually call MS headerquarters to get my money refunded. I use every single MS technology today, and I get (I need to watch my language)ed over like this. Unacceptable.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

I smell a really good C9 video idea.

You go with Charles to ol' Bills office and battle it out.

Remember: We want xboxes that DONT break, DONT overheat and DO work with MS Points!

Edit: And while you're there try and make him take down the price of office/vista

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    figuerres

Steve411 wrote:

leeappdalecom wrote:
    A mate of mine sent his xbox back when he got the rings of death, after a whiel MS sent him back a refurbed replacement that had the same problem?What do they just send them out without checking them?Anyway after hours on the phone trying to explain the situation, they finally sent him some compensation, a wireless headset What! whats the good of a wireless headset if you havn't got a console to use it with Beggers belief it really is sometimes.
    Just got off the phone with XBOX Live support. Actually hung up on them, no help at all. RETAILER WILL NOT RE-SCAN IT! He still kept pushing the issue stating that I have to take it back .... idiots.$149.97 down the drain. Going to actually call MS headerquarters to get my money refunded. I use every single MS technology today, and I get (I need to watch my language)ed over like this. Unacceptable.

did you talk to a manager?

did you ask to escalate the issue to a higer team?

most call centers have second / third level staff who can do more when things go wrong... sometimes you just have to ask for the right person...  hope that helps.

• User profile image
    DoomBringer

You're not clear, what part isn't working?  You enter the code into the XBOX's interface, right?  Any chance of mixing 0 with O (zero with the letter O)?

• User profile image
    Steve411

DoomBringer wrote:

You're not clear, what part isn't working?  You enter the code into the XBOX's interface, right?  Any chance of mixing 0 with O (zero with the letter O)?

I bought the three cards, the retailer did not activate them (i did not know this). Apperantly Microsoft never got the activation ticket and since it's a POS Activation Process and the cards have been scratched off ... the store refuses to re-scan them due to Microsoft Copyright Policy.

Hoping MS will refund my loss.
    - Steve

• User profile image
    PaoloM

Steve411 wrote:

DoomBringer wrote:

I bought the three cards, the retailer did not activate them (i did not know this). Apperantly Microsoft never got the activation ticket and since it's a POS Activation Process and the cards have been scratched off ... the store refuses to re-scan them due to Microsoft Copyright Policy.

- Steve

Hrm, I'm not sure I understand...

First of all, I assume you bought the cards in the country you live in because they're country-coded.

Second, there shouldn't be any need for activation by the retailer. You bring the cards home, scratch the thing and enter the code in the Xbox dashboard. The letters are really small and sometimes crooked, so make sure you read them correctly (I entered a code at least 76 times, all the time confusing a 8 with a B Smiley) and everything should work.

• User profile image
    Steve411

PaoloM wrote:

Steve411 wrote:

DoomBringer wrote:

- Steve

Hrm, I'm not sure I understand...

First of all, I assume you bought the cards in the country you live in because they're country-coded.

Second, there shouldn't be any need for activation by the retailer. You bring the cards home, scratch the thing and enter the code in the Xbox dashboard. The letters are really small and sometimes crooked, so make sure you read them correctly (I entered a code at least 76 times, all the time confusing a 8 with a B ) and everything should work.

Huh, the card is not valid until activated at the register at the retailer. This is for the retailers protection as well as mine. They call it "Point of Sale Activation". (Yeah bought it in USA)

• User profile image
    Minh

Just be glad you weren't this guy.

unlucky b@stard wrote:

Number of Xbox 360s that have died on me: 3 dead Xbox 360s
    Number of lights that I’ve encountered: 9 flashing red ones
    Number of calls to 1-800-4MY-XBOX since March: 22 calls
    Number of callbacks promised: 15
    Number of callbacks received: 3
    Number of SR’s started: 9
    Number of SR’s closed or replaced due to being set up incorrectly: 5
    Number of SR’s closed due to issues actually being resolved: 2
    Most Number of times I was asked my name and phone number during a single call: 11 times
    Number of times I was told "Microsoft will contact you when the investigation is complete": 40+
    Number of times that I ended up on the Spanish language hold line: 8
    Total spent on Xbox 360 related products: $3120.78
    Amount of XBL content not working properly: 25,600 points ($319.87)
    Total time spent on the phone with 1-800-4MY-XBOX: 1 day, 2 hours, 55 minutes
    Total time spent trying various remedies*: 1 day, 9 hours, 55 minutes
    TOTAL TIME TRYING TO RESOLVE ISSUES WITH MY XBOX 360’s: 2 days, 2 hours, 50 minutes**

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.