Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Remote Assistance Bugz?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

I was Remote Assisting a friend on MSN just now, editing a video for him, and he thought it was cool and asked if he could have a go.

I obliged, and let him have a go controlling my PC for a bit..

But when I pressed Esc to stop him controlling, he was still able to control my desktop, I had to phone him up to stop him...

And also, I asked him to move some stuff to test (to check to see if this was another bug) and even though I said NO to the popup about letting him reply to UAC prompts... but he was still able to.

It's completely messed up. Xp to Vista Premium.

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    zian

You can have Vista and help people with XP.

But, having XP and helping people in Vista isn't a supported scenario.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Lloyd_Humph wrote:
    I was Remote Assisting a friend on MSN just now, editing a video for him, and he thought it was cool and asked if he could have a go.

But when I pressed Esc to stop him controlling, he was still able to control my desktop, I had to phone him up to stop him...

And also, I asked him to move some stuff to test (to check to see if this was another bug) and even though I said NO to the popup about letting him reply to UAC prompts... but he was still able to.

Kill the process.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

W3bbo wrote:

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

Kill the process.

While he was moving the mouse????

Durr

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

W3bbo wrote:

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

Kill the process.

While he was moving the mouse????

Durr

Hit Ctrl+Alt+Del to send you to the Secure Desktop, he has no power there.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Learn something new every day.

But woudl the average user think of this first?

Simply, your typical MSN user is more likely to flick the switch on the wall first.

Last modified
  • User profile image
    ScanIAm

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

Learn something new every day.

But woudl the average user think of this first?

Simply, your typical MSN user is more likely to flick the switch on the wall first.

Your average user wouldn't let someone control their computer using Remote Assistance...they wouldn't know how.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

In all fairness, it is deceptively simple - you can Offer Remote Assistance..

"Yo, Lloyd, need some help with Movie Maker"
    "Sure"
    "Look, it's easier like this"
    Offer Remote Assistance

then I could do anything, and he'd be powerless.. course I didn't (because he's bigger than me - most people are).

Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.