Coffeehouse Thread

58 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

The future's bright, the future's orange...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

...box, that is.

It completely passed me by today, I'm downloading Portal as we speak. I had fun with Narbacular Drop, so let's see how mind-bending this is.

• User profile image
    jamie

tis indeed Smiley

Microsoft Forefront website

• User profile image
    Bas

I'm still annoyed that I have to buy HL2 and Episode 1 again. I know Valve claims that they're 'free', but I don't see them offering those games for free via Steam, either. So apparently they're still worth something.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Bas wrote:
    I'm still annoyed that I have to buy HL2 and Episode 1 again. I know Valve claims that they're 'free', but I don't see them offering those games for free via Steam, either. So apparently they're still worth something.

You can "give" them to friends, but you don't get money back, so it's up to you to charge your friends.

• User profile image
    Bas

True, but now I'm forced to buy a gift for my friends.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Bas wrote:

eBay?

• User profile image
    TimP

Bas wrote:

I was also annoyed by this and it's the reason I won't be buying Orange Box and its current price. The least they could've done is given a $5 or $10 Steam credit to previous customers. Steam "gifts" do me no good because all of my friends already have HL2 and Valve has forbidden selling the excess licenses.

• User profile image
    Bas

W3bbo wrote:

Bas wrote:

eBay?

I don't usually like buying stuff that I have to sell straight away anyway. And it's not allowed.

• User profile image
    TimP

W3bbo wrote:

Bas wrote:

eBay?

May I Buy, Sell or Trade gift subscriptions?

No. This violates the Steam Subscriber Agreement and may result in having your account disabled.

http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=750

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

Valve needs to quit screwing around with the 'episodes' and get working on HL3. HL2's ending just pissed me off and the episodes are too short.

• User profile image
    Bas

ScanIAm wrote:
    Valve needs to quit screwing around with the 'episodes' and get working on HL3. HL2's ending just pissed me off and the episodes are too short.

I don't so much mind the episodes, if they actually were what Valve claimed them to be.

What I mind is that at first, they said that they'd be releasing episodes because though they're shorter, they're also cheaper and allowed for quicker release schedules. What we end up with is shorter games for the same price and with the same release dates as full games.

Telltale is doing much better in that regard: cheap, short games with a release every month.

• User profile image
    ZippyV
  • User profile image
    ZippyV

Okay, I'm in the last level of Portal on the little balcony, now what?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

ZippyV wrote:

Okay, I'm in the last level of Portal on the little balcony, now what?

Last level of Portal....already? I thought it would be a much bigger game to be worth its $19.99 asking price.

Gimmie 2.5 hours to get home and give it a try.

• User profile image
    DuNuNuBatman

No, portal is pretty short... and you're not on the last level yet. There is more. Turn around and look up.

I have the XB360 version so I'm pretty happy with it... I mean 5 games for $50???? That's freeking awesome. Even though I bought/played/beat HL/episode 2, I'll probably end up playing it again.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

I looked up and saw the broken tubes but there's just no way of getting there.

W3bbo, I added you to my friends list on Steam.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

ZippyV wrote:
    I looked up and saw the broken tubes but there's just no way of getting there.

W3bbo, I added you to my friends list on Steam.

I haven't logged in to Steam for a while (with the ETQW Demo and C&C3 taking me away from my usual dose of CS:S and HL2DM), I've got a bunch of people in my Friends list who I've never heard of.

Who are you on Steam and just wondering... where did you get my steam address from?

• User profile image
    ZippyV

W3bbo wrote:
    Who are you on Steam and just wondering... where did you get my steam address from?

I stole it from a previous thread you made about sharing each other's steamid.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.