Coffeehouse Thread

16 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Thunder... Thunder... Thunder... Thunder Cats! Ho!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Minh

Now that the Halo Movie is dead, (what's w/ Peter "George Lucas" Jackson wanting a budget of $300M) I'm feeling down. But fear not, geeks, for there is a new hope...

CG Animated Thunder Cats movie in the works

Here's something to tie you over.

Clicky

• User profile image
    W3bbo

ThunderCats traumatised me as a child.

Lion-O, with his totally gay outfit put me off blue underwear.

And isn't the whole thing at risk of furry slash fiction? *shudder*

• User profile image
    jamie

a movie?  .. maybe they might want to update the play (ha)

• User profile image
    Bas

While everything about it screams disaster, I want to give it a chance for the sole fact that the Thundercats logo was, always has been, and always will be, so incredibly cool.

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

I grew up on Thundercats, Voltron and Transformers!  This movie better not suck!  Transformers was pretty good.

• User profile image
    blowdart

HumanCompiler wrote:
    Transformers was pretty good.

If you ignored the story. Please, transformers should not have been a boy meets girl, boy saves world with some incidental help from robots.

• User profile image
    Human​Compiler

blowdart wrote:
    If you ignored the story. Please, transformers should not have been a boy meets girl, boy saves world with some incidental help from robots.

True enough.  The story was pretty bad and the ending was uber lame, but...see my below comment...

Bas wrote:
    What story? I just saw huge robots kicking the crap out of each other, and it was one of the best times I ever had.

Exactly!  The story was lame, but that movie made almost jump up and down, cuz of its awesomeness.  For once, CG and action saved the movie.

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Transformers was one of the better films this summer.  I was pretty ticked off because basically all the movies they came up with all sucked.  I liked Voltron, Transformers as a kid I really, REALLY, dislike the Thundercats.  Oh and thank you Minh, your clip reminded me how corny that show was.

blowdart wrote:

HumanCompiler wrote:

• User profile image
    PerfectPhase

Bas wrote:

What story? I just saw huge robots kicking the crap out of each other, and it was one of the best times I ever had.

It's far better with a little editing to remove the annoying 'cut' scenes between the action.  In fact I could probably live cutting it down to just the sequence in the desert against the scorpion robot. Smiley

Did anyone else find that at times there was just too much detail on the screen at once? I felt at times the effects where so detailed that it just looked to busy.  That said, when this comes out on BlueRay/HDDVD it will properbly be the final straw that makes me buy a big HD TV.

On the cartoon come movie front, I'm voting for Terrahawks closely followed by 'Battle of the Planets'!

• User profile image
    Minh

rjdohnert wrote:
    Oh and thank you Minh, your clip reminded me how corny that show was.
    If by "corny" you meant "cool", then, yes, the Thunder Cats were very very corny! Yeah!

heh heh... Los Felinos Co'smicos

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

That show was never cool. 

Minh wrote:

rjdohnert wrote:
    Oh and thank you Minh, your clip reminded me how corny that show was.
    If by "corny" you meant "cool", then, yes, the Thunder Cats were very very corny! Yeah!

heh heh... Los Felinos Co'smicos

• User profile image
    LaBomba

What about a He-man remake? He-man was teh shizz!

I didn't watch the transformers flick knowing it would be a dissapointment - just like i didn't watch Will Smith play 'Ali'. Expressionless

• User profile image
    Bas

blowdart wrote:

HumanCompiler wrote:

If you ignored the story.

By the way, know who I could do without in a Thundercats movie? Snarf. That's right, friggin' Snarf.

Damn that cat-lizard-beard thing, whatever he is.

• User profile image
    Bas

I don't care what people are saying, Thundercats was awesome. Especially if you played the Atari ST game.

LaBomba wrote:
    What about a He-man remake? He-man was teh shizz!

Nothing beats that first He-man movie, with Dolph Lundgren, Frank Langella and Mr. Strickland from Back to the Future.

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Star Blazers! Of course a movie would be a waste, Star Blazers would fare well being "story-based" like Heros. Space: Above and Beyond showed you can have a high quality space-based show.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800218/
    Hmmm....anyone here have an IMDBPro account? Smiley

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

I had the luck of living in Japan at the time that the original 'Star Blazers' came out.  I'm pretty sure it was called something like "Starship Yamamoto" or something similar.  I never saw it in english, though, so the plot made no sense.

I never could figure out why they cancelled Space: Above and Beyond, either.  The ending didn't seem planned and it was really disappointing.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.