Coffeehouse Thread

12 posts

It's Quiet

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    billh

Hope nobody takes offense to this...I haven't been here in a while...but what happened to all the deep tech discussions that used to happen around here? It seems kind of quiet lately...especially on the weekends...Perplexed

• User profile image
    raymond

billh wrote:
    Hope nobody takes offense to this...I haven't been here in a while...but what happened to all the deep tech discussions that used to happen around here? It seems kind of quiet lately...especially on the weekends...

The Channel 9 team is working on the Beta and Microsoft is ramping up for  the for Visual Studio 2008, Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 launches next year.

Microsoft cancelled the PDC this year so no sneak previews other than CTP and betas.

What is new? Silverlight-Silverlight-Silverlight.

Yes, I agree with you thngs seem to be very quiet in the Coffeehouse lately.

Too quiet if you ask me.  Wink

Something is happening with the culture at Micrsoft.

No one with a blue badge is talking.  Sad

May be Rory will tell us what is going on, if he ever finishes his book.

Cool

• User profile image
    littleguru

you could start one Wink

• User profile image
    Sabot

It takes so much time and energy to promote applications but there has to be something to show, the applications have to be built, the manuals have to written, the examples have to be created and all the stuff that goes into making a complete product and services to support it.

This is what Microsoft is doing now!

No wonder with so many 'monster sized' next versions on the horizon they are quiet, it's probably heads-down and crack-on!

I have to say tho, Microsoft when promoting a product do it so loud for such a long time you kind of get used to that volume, so when it does got quiet you do really notice. It's almost like you expect and you are used to it.

• User profile image
    ZippyV

littleguru wrote:
    you could start one

Please, no.

• User profile image
    fdisk

I think we need another contest here.

Everybody loves contests.

Especially rigged ones.

• User profile image
    Larsenal

fdisk wrote:
    I think we need another contest here.

Everybody loves contests.

Especially rigged ones.

I suggested the same thing in the survey.  Maybe a Silverlight Smackdown or even home-brewed tech demos.

• User profile image
    eagle

A Silverlight contest is a great idea! 

C9 has one member who uses many user names, so when he's on the school bus we have 4X less posts.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

eagle wrote:
    C9 has one member who uses many user names, so when he's on the school bus we have 4X less posts.

You keep telling yourself that...

• User profile image
    W3bbo

CannotResolveSymbol wrote:

eagle wrote:

You keep telling yourself that...

Eagle seems obsessed that it's me, should I be honoured or insulted? Wink

• User profile image
    Charles

I'm back in the USA and will start releasing some deep/technical/geeky stuff beginning tomorrow with another Anders (and special guest) interview digging into some very interesting work.......

I have not forgotten about the great stuff captured at JAOO 2007 either. Many of you will find the topics and people interviewed very interesting.

Stay tuned.

Thanks to the C9 team for picking up the slack in my absence (even Jeff was posting videos!).

This will be a great year for C9. So much incredible technology to dig into as well as an additional focus on C9 to explore what the rest of the world is doing to solve industry-wide big problems...

C

• User profile image
    pepper

eagle wrote:
    A Silverlight contest is a great idea! 
    How do you build a contest around a notoriously buggy product?

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.