Coffeehouse Thread

9 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

uh-oh... politics...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jamie

Ontario Canada (Toronto)

first time in 70 years  - back to back Liberal Govt.s  (70%)

last 4 years - next 4 years.

as for Harper - well thats another story

• User profile image
    Minh

I'll see your politics... and raise you Norah Jones

See this video on MSN Soapbox

Edit:
    Oh, for fck sake!
    Hooray! C9 embeddable Soapbox videos! Hooray!

Just click on the "See this video on MSN Soapbox" link...

• User profile image
    Minh

I just want to preserve the above post for posterior.

• User profile image
    jamie

haha ya it didnt work - so i clicked the link and the ad worked .. then the video played for a bit then stopped - so i started it again then it stopped for good

edit: who is running ms!!?  oh.. um ya

• User profile image
    Minh

But first, a long wait for a message from our sponsor:

(I don't have a problem w/ ads, it's just that an ad shouldn't be the first thing you see when you click on a video link)

• User profile image
    Minh

jamie wrote:
    haha ya it didnt work - so i clicked the link and the ad worked .. then the video played for a bit then stopped - so i started it again then it stopped for good

Oh, you were watching the video, too? No wonder, mine kept sputtering... lol

• User profile image
    jamie

soapbox...  how fitting ..in a (dumdumdum) - political thread

edit: "cause we're back to back - yes we're back to back - ba , ha,ha,ha,hack...

(der der der der der dee...dumdee dum dee dum..

• User profile image
    Grace Francisco

Hi Minh,

Actually embedding of user generated Soapbox videos still works:

See this video on MSN Soapbox

What you can't embed are premium videos like the one you tried to add here. That's due to licensing restrictions so you only get a linkto option in those cases.

Hope that helps.

Grace

• User profile image
    Minh

Grace Francisco wrote:
    What you can't embed are premium videos like the one you tried to add here. That's due to licensing restrictions so you only get a linkto option in those cases.

Aaahhh... Thanks for the clarification, Grace.

I'm just aghast that there are still record companies trying to restrict 320x240 blurry videos from being viewed by as many people as possible. The good thing is that in these days of Amazon Music, iTunes Plus, and Zune (whatever your DRM-free store is called), those companies will die.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.