Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

How to post an image?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Be#

Simple question: How do I post an IMAGE here? My Editor does not give me any option. Do I have to upload it to an external web space and embedd the appropriate html tags?

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Yep, that's what you have to do.

You can actually right-click an image in IE and copy it, then paste it in the editor (so you won't need to edit the HTML yourself). But you have to upload it somewhere first yourself.

• User profile image
    Be#

Thanks - I thought I might have missed anything. Sounds like an enhancement request for version 4... Smiley

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Be# wrote:
    Thanks - I thought I might have missed anything. Sounds like an enhancement request for version 4... Smiley

I doubt that they'll add it. Too many chances of copyright violations.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Harlequin wrote:

Be# wrote:

I doubt that they'll add it. Too many chances of copyright violations.

Posting an image to a website isn't a violation of copyright.

Besides the obigliatory "Fair Use" defense (since this website is operated by a company located in the US) you've also got a bunch of technical hurdles to go through, such as the fact that referencing an image on another site on this one isn't actually copying anything (since this is what a href / src is).

If you want to be picky, visiting any UK website is a copyright violation, since you're copying the website to your computer to then view it (UK copyright law is woefully out of date and too much on the side of copyright holders IMO).

Besides, what are we going to post that could violate copyright? I'd be more concerned about people posting goatses rather than Disney's latest rendition of Mickey Mouse.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.