Coffeehouse Thread

14 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

The cake is a lie! The cake is a lie!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

So what did you guys think of Portal? I have to admit, I loved listening to the Commentary throughout the game. And the playability was next-to-none. The puzzles, the humor - it all worked together to make one awesome experience.

I'm going to start the bonus maps tomorrow.

• User profile image
    intelman

It was a neat game, kinda short, but neat. The commentary from the robo lady was great, and the ending credits were a nice touch. I do not agree that the cake was a lie though....it isn't a lie Wink

The ending of EP2 though...that had me crying and yelling wanting more...and I couldn't believe it.

• User profile image
    Bas

One of the greatest games in years. It's biggest downside is that it's too short, but if it had been too long it might've become tedious, had the puzzles not changes. Eventually you're going to know all about double-flings. And it's amazing how satisfying those couple of hours were compared to a lot of 20-hour games.

Now, as mentioned in the other thread, we need multiplayer. Both weaponless deathmatch and a 2-player co-op puzzle mode. Get to work, Gabe Newell.

• User profile image
    Chadk

I swear, i saw the cake Sad

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

yes was a really really great game, very simple and clear, i love it, also comments made at the end by that AI was really funny Smiley

Chadk wrote:
    I swear, i saw the cake
    i belive you, because i saw it too Wink

• User profile image
    Bas

I saw it too, but I also saw something more important than cake there.

I think we all know who I'm talking about.

• User profile image
    stevo_

Orange box is one of the best packages of games to come out in years.. its so easy now for developers to focus on graphics, without the game being a second thought (I image this has occurred from a boost of programmers wanting to do games development (and we all know that programmers can often focus on the wrong things)).

The orange box proved to me that gaming is going in the wrong direction, TF2 is one of the best multiplayer shooter experiences I've had since... golden eye 64..

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Bas wrote:

And you killed your companion box faster than any other test subject!

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Gabe has confirmed there will be some cube  available in the Valve store.

• User profile image
    Bas

jsampsonPC wrote:

Bas wrote:

Lies. It was all a big lie by GLaDOS, to make me feel bad. Just like when she told me the test was impossible.

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Bas wrote:

jsampsonPC wrote:

Bas wrote:

Lies. It was all a big lie by GLaDOS, to make me feel bad. Just like when she told me the test was impossible.

Or, um, when she was joking and said she was going to murder you, but you escaped...wasn't that, funny? Big Smile

• User profile image
    Chadk

jsampsonPC wrote:

Bas wrote:

jsampsonPC wrote:

Bas wrote:

Or, um, when she was joking and said she was going to murder you, but you escaped...wasn't that, funny?

I ROFL'ed when she said that, and i jumped into the fire.

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Found a companion-cube cutout for those of you who REALLY want one on your desk Smiley http://superpunch.blogspot.com/2007/10/weighted-companion-cube-desktop.html

Just found some companion-cube wallpapers: http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=199138

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

Chadk wrote:
    I ROFL'ed when she said that, and i jumped into the fire.
    did you survived? Big Smile

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.