Coffeehouse Thread

51 posts

Youtube Videos on C9 - Who wants it?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

I figured I'd take a wildshot and assume that if the community wants a feature really badly, the c9 dev-team will implement it - assuming it's reasonable.

A feature that was requested in the past was the Youtube-embeding feature. The dev-team gave us soap-box embeding, but to be completely honest, that is next-to-nothing in the shadow of a social-media-giant like Youtube - for now atleast.

So how about it guys, can we please have some youtubage? Smiley

Who else wants it?

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

How does, HELL YEAH? Count as a vote?

And also, I want the option to disable users embedding them. Because some people would abuse the system... *cough*

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

And also, I want the option to disable users embedding them. Because some people would abuse the system... *cough*

Would the "Report this thread" already be a useful counter-measure?

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

jsampsonPC wrote:

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

Doesn't appear to be working though, agreed?

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

jsampsonPC wrote:

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

Doesn't appear to be working though, agreed?

Haven't felt the need to use it yet Smiley So I wouldn't know.

• User profile image
    Rossj

jsampsonPC wrote:

Haven't felt the need to use it yet So I wouldn't know.

I'll put my money on "We're too busy with v4"

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Rossj wrote:

jsampsonPC wrote:

$50

Last modified
  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

Rossj wrote:

jsampsonPC wrote:

$50

...but not to busy to implement a soapbox feature? Please oh please don't use NIH as an excuse Smiley

• User profile image
    Bas

While embedding videos would be fun, I personally haven't really had a need for it yet.

On the other hand, one could reason that if we can copy/paste pictures.. why not videos?

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Bas wrote:

While embedding videos would be fun, I personally haven't really had a need for it yet.

On the other hand, one could reason that if we can copy/paste pictures.. why not videos?

I sometimes discover that I have little need for things I cannot do Smiley

• User profile image
    blowdart

Lloyd_Humph wrote:
    Because some people would abuse the system... *cough*

*looks at Raymond*

• User profile image
    Harlequin

I think YouTube would diminish the quality of videos on C9, both in content, and in visual quality as well. C9 videos are nice and crisp and clear, YouTube looks like a 100x60 video blown up to 400x300 and looks like garbage.

Plus Google owns YouTube....not really a place on a Microsoft site for them, ya think? Perplexed

• User profile image
    phreaks

I didn't know we can embed soapbox movies, so cool!

Does it work?
    It no worky?!?

looks like it works in design mode, then I post and nothing... just like all the other embeds on C9.

Video: FOX News J. Lo blooper

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

phreaks wrote:

This is one of the reasons NOT to allow video-embeding. Some videos contain subject-matter that otherwise would be filtered out of the posts here.

If people wouldn't abuse the video-posting, we could all be happy Sad

• User profile image
    phreaks

jsampsonPC wrote:

phreaks wrote:

Video: FOX News J. Lo blooper

This is one of the reasons NOT to allow video-embeding. Some videos contain subject-matter that otherwise would be filtered out of the posts here.

If people wouldn't abuse the video-posting, we could all be happy

You have got to be kidding me.

You think this is subject matter that would or should be filtered out?

Either my center of morality is off or you are anal retentive.

The same 'bad' word was used in the 'Don't taz me bro' video that was played relentlessly all over the TV's and interwebs everywhere a few weeks ago.

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Are we talking about the same word, "BJ"? You don't think that type of language would be filtered here in the forums? Tongue Out As for your question, Should it be filtered out? Yes. Would it already? Hopefully. We're all mature here, shouldn't need to be using language like that in a public discussion-forum Smiley

• User profile image
    phreaks

jsampsonPC wrote:
    Are we talking about the same word, "BJ"? You don't think that type of language would be filtered here in the forums? As for your question, Should it be filtered out? Yes. Would it already? Hopefully. We're all mature here, shouldn't need to be using language like that in a public discussion-forum

We're not. The news is.

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

phreaks wrote:

jsampsonPC wrote:
    Are we talking about the same word, "BJ"? You don't think that type of language would be filtered here in the forums? As for your question, Should it be filtered out? Yes. Would it already? Hopefully. We're all mature here, shouldn't need to be using language like that in a public discussion-forum

We're not. The news is.

So...I shouldn't be able to post links to anything I feel like and pass the blame off onto the originator of the content. I'm responsible for bringing what I bring into this forum. If it's irrelevant, and gross, then I shouldn't post it.

In the case of, "Haha. This idiot just said BJ on the air" - we have a prime example of something pointless, childish, and foul. Shouldn't be in the forums.

Nothing against you personally, I'm just talking about the media-example. Please don't take it the wrong way.

I stopped enjoying media like this around the time I stopped giving wedgies and asking people to pull my finger. (Which was atleast 2 months ago Tongue Out)

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.