Coffeehouse Thread

20 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Java killed my phone :@

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    phreaks

What to do when the java runtime that comes prepackaged with a phone become corrupt?

I have the RAZR v3 and the camera, internet and all apps no longer work (basically anything that uses Java).

Is there even a way to update the java version on this thing?

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Think of big red reset button, I'm unfamiliar with "normal" phones.. Do they have one?

I had a "normal" phone 2/3 years ago, had a Treo ever since... I love them Smiley

I don't like the look of the new one.. Celico or something. I like the 680, despite the fact it's showing its age. thats what I'ma get next.. in red Wink

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    jsampsonPC

phreaks wrote:
    What to do when the java runtime that comes prepackaged with a phone become corrupt?

I have the RAZR v3 and the camera, internet and all apps no longer work (basically anything that uses Java).

Whoa...we've got a guy in our office working on some apps for the same-exact phone. I got to hold it Smiley It's a really nice cell Tongue Out Sorry to hear that yours went bonkers though.

• User profile image
    phreaks

jsampsonPC wrote:

phreaks wrote:

Whoa...we've got a guy in our office working on some apps for the same-exact phone. I got to hold it It's a really nice cell Sorry to hear that yours went bonkers though.

ask him if he wants to trade?

I am going to take this down to the T-mobile store and see what they say.

• User profile image
    phreaks

I Hate T-mobile.

I've had the same account for like 9 years.
    Started out with omni-point, who got bought by some other company, who got bought by T-Mobile like 5 years ago.

You would think they would appreciate customer loyalty.

FU T-Mobile.

• User profile image
    littleguru

The Razr v3 is really old. Get a new phone Tongue Out Btw. how can you dare having a phone that doesn't run windows mobile? Get an iPhone! Wink

• User profile image
    phreaks

littleguru wrote:
    The Razr v3 is really old. Get a new phone Btw. how can you dare having a phone that doesn't run windows mobile? Get an iPhone!

Good Question!
    But there aren't any good T-mobile phones that run windows mobile Sad  And iPhone is Cingular only, right?

So, I'll prolly just upgrade to the Blackberry Edge.

• User profile image
    littleguru

phreaks wrote:

littleguru wrote:
    The Razr v3 is really old. Get a new phone Btw. how can you dare having a phone that doesn't run windows mobile? Get an iPhone!

Good Question!
    But there aren't any good T-mobile phones that run windows mobile   And iPhone is Cingular only, right?

I have also seen that lately HTC isn't having nice phones anymore... don't know what happened. They used to have nicer phones in the past.

• User profile image
    littleguru
  • User profile image
    PaoloM

donttazemebro wrote:
    It's cause Java sucks. I suggest you get a phone built with Microsoft technolgoies.

Please let us know when you're done trolling, thanks.

• User profile image
    PaoloM

phreaks wrote:

littleguru wrote:

Good Question!
    But there aren't any good T-mobile phones that run windows mobile   And iPhone is Cingular only, right?

The T-Mobile Dash runs WM6. And iPhone is AT&T, really Smiley

However, T-Mobile is EDGE only at the moment (just like the iPhone). If you could switch to AT&T, and if your area is well covered, a Samsung Blackjack is the coolest phone out there right now Smiley

• User profile image
    Royal​Schrubber

donttazemebro wrote:

PaoloM wrote:

phreaks wrote:

littleguru wrote:

Good Question!

The T-Mobile Dash runs WM6. And iPhone is AT&T, really

However, T-Mobile is EDGE only at the moment (just like the iPhone). If you could switch to AT&T, and if your area is well covered, a Samsung Blackjack is the coolest phone out there right now

Do you actually work for Microsoft? That's rule cool. Working for Microsoft building exciting and innovative software would be my dream job.

Stress on dream, won't come true [6]

• User profile image
    Royal​Schrubber

And I had chat with George Bush, Richard Stallman, Jessica Simpson and Pope. I win. Smiley

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

donttazemebro wrote:
    Do you actually work for Microsoft? That's rule cool. Working for Microsoft building exciting and innovative software would be my dream job.

New member, vb.net addict, pro MS Troll.

Really, are you DylanC?

• User profile image
    phreaks

RoyalSchrubber wrote:
    And I had chat with George Bush, Richard Stallman, Jessica Simpson and Pope. I win.

Where did you find my long lost fraternity brother Pope?

Tell him Baywatch says hi, and that I'll prolly never pay him back that $40.

• User profile image
    blowdart

Why don't you just hard reset the thing to send it back to factory settings?

• User profile image
    phreaks

blowdart wrote:

I have, it didn't fix anything.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

phreaks wrote:

blowdart wrote:

I have, it didn't fix anything.

Throw it at a sibling.

My brothers phone was nacked (wouldn't turn on). He threw it at me then it worked again... my l33t amazingness fixed his phone. It's true, I can fix anything thrown at me. Just by touch!

...and don't all go throwing stuff at me, now Tongue Out

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.