Coffeehouse Thread

19 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Vista - does it slow down over time?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Chadk

I just reinstalled my PC, after its been about a year since i installed vista.

And bloody hell, now it runs MUCH more faster, much much much faster.

I remember that the team talked about the system not slowing down over time. But is this the case?

• User profile image
    JeremyJ

I haven't noticed any difference on my box and it has been quite a while since I installed.  Chances are it is just what was installed over that year that was hogging all the resources.  It is all the little programs that add up.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

donttazemebro wrote:
    No, it actually runs faster over time.

please shut up with your "solgatass" (to give it it's latin name); the sun DOESNT shine outta Mr. Gates @ss so not /everything/ is excellent.

Sure, it might run faster over time in SOME ASPECTS like indexing, but this is cancelled out by the indexer running whenever you're logged on.

So please shut the hell up, and get lost.

BTW, are you Dylan? The pro VB.NET nutter who is so pro microsoft he could... do something a pro microsoftie would do? No wait... pro vista... hmm...

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    PaoloM

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

donttazemebro wrote:

please shut up with your "solgatass" (to give it it's latin name); the sun DOESNT shine outta Mr. Gates @ss so not /everything/ is excellent.

Sure, it might run faster over time in SOME ASPECTS like indexing, but this is cancelled out by the indexer running whenever you're logged on.

BTW, are you Dylan? The pro VB.NET nutter who is so pro microsoft he could... do something a pro microsoftie would do? No wait... pro vista... hmm...

Lloyd, he's trolling. Don't reply.

• User profile image
    Charles

Tone it down, Lloyd. Why are you being such a jerk?

Relent. Or, take a hike.
    C

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

donttazemebro wrote:

He's obviously trolling, Lloyd, ignore him and he'll get bored.
    Look at his posts -- all one or two sentences scattergunned over the whole forum trying to get a reaction.
    He'll get bored soon enough if you don't give him his jollies by reacting.

Herbie

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Dr Herbie wrote:

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

donttazemebro wrote:

He's obviously trolling, Lloyd, ignore him and he'll get bored.
    Look at his posts -- all one or two sentences scattergunned over the whole forum trying to get a reaction.
    He'll get bored soon enough if you don't give him his jollies by reacting.

Herbie

'nuff said, but I think it might be a /changed/ previous member we need to remind is not welcome here.

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Chadk

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

donttazemebro wrote:

To be fair, he could be joking. But it was just done poorly in such case.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

I apologize, I only just realised how evil that post was.

However, I wont retract it as I believe it is a previous member who needs to be put back in his place... away from here.

Last modified
  • User profile image
    Rossj

Charles wrote:

Relent. Or, take a hike.
    C

Charles you are making an assumption out of context of previous conversations.  Lloyd doesn't deserve threats or insults - he gets angry with a troll and he gets the grief?

Calling him a jerk is unjustified.

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

Rossj wrote:

Charles you are making an assumption out of context of previous conversations.  Lloyd doesn't deserve threats or insults - he gets angry with a troll and he gets the grief?

Especialy after the way trolls suspected original user treated him.

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

Chadk wrote:

To be fair, he could be joking. But it was just done poorly in such case.

He's left a load of similar posts all over the forum so I think not.

• User profile image
    wkempf

Rossj wrote:

Charles wrote:

Relent. Or, take a hike.
    C

In context, the only thing donttazemebro said was exactly the same thing the original poster said.  Whether or not he's a troll is irrelevant, since in this case you can't reasonably construe what he said as trolling.  In any event, the harshness of Lloyd's response, regardless of what he was responding to, did deserve calling out by the moderators.

Just my opinion.

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

wkempf wrote:

In context, the only thing donttazemebro said was exactly the same thing the original poster said.  Whether or not he's a troll is irrelevant, since in this case you can't reasonably construe what he said as trolling.

When taken in light of donttazemebro's other posts it most certainly was trolling.

• User profile image
    Rossj

wkempf wrote:

In context, the only thing donttazemebro said was exactly the same thing the original poster said.

The wider context of his posts in all the other threads where he derails them with DarthVista like efficiency - not just here. Lloyds reaction to something so lightweight is a fair indicator that there is more going on elsewhere.

• User profile image
    JChung2006

Vista slows down a bit over time but not nearly as much as XP, which is notoriously bad for this sort of thing.  I wish that you could just easily turn off the SuperFetch/MegaCache/MemorySponge bits of Windows -- by easily, I mean a checkbox in System Properties to tell Windows to stop being such a pig.

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

Charles wrote:

Relent. Or, take a hike.
    C

Here, let me ask the obvious: Why aren't the trolls taking a hike?

Actually, forget it, it's an useless question.

• User profile image
    prndll

Is there a version of Windows out there that doesn't slow down over time?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.