Coffeehouse Thread

73 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Ho-hum

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    W3bbo

Post deleted, awaiting thread removal

• User profile image
    tigersolv

Remove the posting now.

Steve Kelleher-Brown
    Tigersolv Limited.

• User profile image
    tigersolv

*snip*

• User profile image
    irascian

leeappdalecom wrote:
    Have you been 'promoted' to the sales team now

Well it would make sense - after all, he's not technical enough for Microsoft, so why should he be technical enough for anybody else? [6]

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Hmmm.  Google for 'TigerSolv' and this post is third in the list. 
    Bet they won't be happy. 

Herbie

• User profile image
    CyberGeek

W3bbo wrote:
    Hopefully by posting this horror story and their website URL, they'll get a bunch of visitors in their webserver logs, read this, and get the picture and fix their software up.

Do you really think that'll happen?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

CyberGeek wrote:

W3bbo wrote:
    Hopefully by posting this horror story and their website URL, they'll get a bunch of visitors in their webserver logs, read this, and get the picture and fix their software up.

Do you really think that'll happen?

You're a small ISV (with at least 2 employees), are you going to allow a brutal post about them appear pretty high up in google, or fix their software?

Once they fix their software, I'll remove this posting Smiley

• User profile image
    Flashbak

Don't see what your security concerns are it's only storing personal contact and financial information...  Wink

Seriously though, I wouldn't hold your breath for a fix.  If you're the only customer bemoaning the quality of the application then they may not consider it enough reason.  The other possibility is that many customers are complaining, but the software is sufficiently niche (which I would suggest it is) that they don't have much competition.

That said, I really hope you've approached them about your issues.  After all if they're unaware of your concerns, how can they fix them.  Presuming they'll notice traffic from their website is flawed in that they may not support the site themselves, and even if they do how many small businesses ever look at their web logs!?

I have to say, looking at the UI it's certainly not the pretiest I've ever seen and a little busy for my tastes but it's not THAT bad.

After all if the app works well for the end users (not ignoring your security concerns, which certainly are an issue) then I'd take functional over pretty any day. (Unless that day is your wedding day of course Smiley )

• User profile image
    Rossj

W3bbo wrote:

You're a small ISV (with at least 2 employees), are you going to allow a brutal post about them appear pretty high up in google, or fix their software?

You haven't worked with a lot of small ISVs have you? And the facts that they are small probably means they don't have the resources to fix all of the problems that you think are there....

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

W3bbo wrote:
    Appalling user interface (I'd post a screenshot, but they'd know which company I was working with)

Can't you remove all the identifying information in paint?

• User profile image
    rhm

200 tables? Lightweights! We've got an app at work with over 1000 Smiley

• User profile image
    blowdart

W3bbo wrote:
    I don't have liability insurance yet.
    Insurance won't back date; and google cache is going to bite you in the (I need to watch my language).

• User profile image
    Lee_Dale

Your just lucky your not a limited company then.

They wont take a student to court over this I woudn't worry about it.

• User profile image
    blowdart

W3bbo wrote:

In the meanwhile, can I ask everyone to not quote my post. In case I have to remove the post, it'll be a lot easier and won't involve editing your posts (and you know how the mods, as a matter of principle, won't edit other people's posts).

I have to admit to a bit of shaudenfraude here. You're happy to break NDAs etc, maybe this will help you consider things before you post.

• User profile image
    Bas

In that light, this now seems quite ironic:

W3bbo wrote:

Original post.

W3bbo wrote:

Other post.

Edit: unquoted for great justice. Or, anti-justice, depending on how you look at it.

• User profile image
    Bas

W3bbo wrote:

blowdart wrote:
    I have to admit to a bit of shaudenfraude here. You're happy to break NDAs etc, maybe this will help you consider things before you post.

I removed that a few minutes later, besides that single occurence I haven't broken a single NDA.

You were careful to avoid posting screenshots or any information that could link you to them, though, so obviously you knew that posting this wasn't entirely OK.

• User profile image
    blowdart

W3bbo wrote:

Bas wrote:
    You were careful to avoid posting screenshots or any information that could link you to them, though, so obviously you knew that posting this wasn't entirely OK.

No, I was concerned of negative repercussions that would affect my friend's company's client, I'm not at all concerned about them attempting to sue me for slander.

Slander is verbal. They can only sue you for libel; and in UK courts the truth is the ultimate defence in a slander case. But you'd probably end up with lawyer fees.

*grin* My employer does expert witness work in cases like this.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Post deleted

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.