Coffeehouse Thread

12 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Web 2.0 Expo Girly Geekdom Competition - for UK Students

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    An_Angel

Hi Everyone,

Firstly I'm going to apologise in advance as I'm pretty sure the guys on here are going to go mad at me... but the comp is only open to the girls! 

Secondly... I'm going to say I also have a discount code for 100 Euro off of the list price to the Expo Conference... so if you are interested in going and want the discount then contact me via the girlygeekdom blog

And finally!  Girls if you are interested in the competition then please go to the website and read all the details!

Best of luck!

Sarah

ps I'm hoping you don't all shout at this and call it spam, I saw it as an opportunity to get more of the C9 guys getting the girls involved with the scene as well as getting the girl students involved a bit... I'm also hoping that this will get passed along to the other relevant MS groups to pass the details out to the students.  (I can but live in hope!)

• User profile image
    Massif

[C]Tongue Out

Girls smell anyway.

• User profile image
    An_Angel

Of sugar and spice and all things nice! Smiley 

Pass the details along to any of the girls on your course! Tongue Out (you never know they may donate the prize to you if they win!)

• User profile image
    Flashbak

Might be worth highlighting to someone at Channel 8 (http://channel8.msdn.com/About/Default.aspx) as the official Microsoft "Place to be for Students" Smiley 

• User profile image
    ZippyV

Flashbak wrote:
    Might be worth highlighting to someone at Channel 8 (http://channel8.msdn.com/About/Default.aspx) as the official Microsoft "Place to be for Students"  

Which we ignore because the original is always better.

• User profile image
    AndyC

Ooh, I'll pass that on to a few girly geek students I know. Sure they'd enjoy the opportunity.

• User profile image
    prndll

This brings up something I've been looking for an answer for. What exactly is "WEB2.0"? People talk alot about it and various sites call themselves 2.0 but all I see is a few fancy graphics embeded into HTML webpages just like everything else. I've heard people say it might be IPv6. I've heard it might be interactive...but web1.0 was interactive. I've seen .php sites that primarily use flash and call that web2.0. I guess I just don't get it. Can you guys explain to me just what web2.0 is? and how it's differant from web1.0?

• User profile image
    Charles

ZippyV wrote:

Flashbak wrote:
    Might be worth highlighting to someone at Channel 8 (http://channel8.msdn.com/About/Default.aspx) as the official Microsoft "Place to be for Students"  

Which we ignore because the original is always better.

Channel 8 is not a new Channel 9 or some derivation... Channel 8 is another channel on our network that aims to provide students (technical students) with a place to have a voice and impact the technologies they use to conduct their daily business of learning. If you are a student you are always welcome on Channel 9. Channel 8 is a place that is specifically designed with you in mind, whereas Channel 9 is a more general purpose avenue into the Death Star.

C

• User profile image
    dahat

An_Angel wrote:
    but the comp is only open to the girls!

No problem... now where did I put that dress...

• User profile image
    An_Angel

The irony... Free tickets and offer to find a way of funding travel expenses and not one student has dared to put in an entry!

Well if the student girls don't want it then someone else will get it! Wink

I've not decided how I'll give the tickets away if they don't enter... any suggestions?

• User profile image
    AndyC

An_Angel wrote:
    The irony... Free tickets and offer to find a way of funding travel expenses and not one student has dared to put in an entry!

I know, for a fact, you've got at least one entry coming as I was sat in the pub with a couple of girly geeks who were working on their entry last night. They'd even got someone to sponsor their travel costs if they won....

• User profile image
    An_Angel

Fantastic!  Thanks! Smiley

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.