Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

HTC Touch

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    JonLumb

I came across this phone on one of the C9 Videos recently, and today I went into our local Orange shop to have a play with one.  At face value it does seem like a rather good package, but does anyone on here use them that can give me some real life feedback as it were?

Thank you.

• User profile image
    Rossj

JonLumb wrote:
    I came across this phone on one of the C9 Videos recently, and today I went into our local Orange shop to have a play with one.  At face value it does seem like a rather good package, but does anyone on here use them that can give me some real life feedback as it were?

Thank you.

Yes, or rather I did until last week.

The phone is okay, but a lot of stupid configuration options were set - such as how easy it is to fill memory up with IE cache set to more than physical memory.

The big buttons for quick call are great, for a handfull of contacts, but once you need to do anything other than that then you are back to the stylus.  I had three big crashes, and one of those involved me getting cut off 5 minutes into any call - and required a hard reset.

I've gone back to an old SPV600 for now - I won't be buying HTC again.

• User profile image
    Craig Hawker

You mean the SPV C600?  That's an HTC phone too (the Tornado, from memory).  Most of the Windows Mobile operator-branded phones are (XDA range on O2, Orange SPV series, T-Mobile Varios etc).

I've not used the Touch but there were a number of videos a while ago that reviewed them in light of the direct comparisons to the iPhone.  They might give you some insight.

Craig.

• User profile image
    Rossj

Craig Hawker wrote:
    You mean the SPV C600?  That's an HTC phone too (the Tornado, from memory).  Most of the Windows Mobile operator-branded phones are (XDA range on O2, Orange SPV series, T-Mobile Varios etc).

Well, the SPV is a little old and battered, and the cursory type thing is broken (can't go down) but it hasn't crashed on me recently.  I keep promising myself I wouldn't go Windows Mobile again, but I always seem to end up with one.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.