Coffeehouse Thread

18 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

2 Disappointments Today!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Minh

1) "Heroes" is having major sophomore jinx. 4 eps in and they are only slightly more interesting than... something that isnt very interesting...

2) Finished "Halo 3" and the single story mode made no god damn sense. Half the time, you go "huh?" What did they just say? And at the start of every mission, you go "What the hell just happen?" Why am I on the Floods side now...

Its a good thing MS took the money & ran... or maybe its a good thing Bungie got MS off their backs... Multi-player better be better than this...

Mediority!

• User profile image
    LaBomba

Heroes? Pfft...

Watch the Office and laugh the pain away from the disappointment of Halo. Smiley

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

yes but we have Portal thosedays Wink

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Only two?

It's only 9am and I've had countless disappointments already:

I woke up to find that my stomach hadn't magically become flat and muscular overnight.

The boiler didn't work (again) so I had to sit in the cold with a coat on while the house warmed up after I manually fired it repeatedly until it started.

My broadband connection at home is still barely broadband (I think someone else on our street shares the lines).

Checked my bank-balance (always a disappointment).

Don't get me started on the drive to work ...

Herbie
    Wink

• User profile image
    blowdart

Well it looks like my invite to talk at TechEd is going ahead.

Except I can only get away for that day; so it's fly in, pick up a speaker shirt, do the talk, fly out. Even then it's not certain I can get the time off or get the flights paid for by work to do it.

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

LOL this thread is going funny, keep going keep going Tongue Out

Dr Herbie wrote:
    The boiler didn't work (again) so I had to sit in the cold with a coat on while the house warmed up after I manually fired it repeatedly until it started.
    the boiler is outside? where do you live?

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Ion Todirel wrote:
    LOL this thread is going funny, keep going keep going

Dr Herbie wrote:
    the boiler is outside? where do you live?

No the boiler is inside, but we switch it off a night -- if it doesn't come on properly in the morning the house is pretty cold. Once the boiler starts, it's still 45 minutes or so until the house warms up; hence the coat and grumpiness. 

It's the start of Autumn here in the UK and it's pretty cold before dawn.

Herbie

• User profile image
    Massif

I was disappointed that the toe I stubbed last night hadn't done either of:
    1 - completely healed.
    2 - spread the injury in sufficient manner so that I could excuse myself from work.
    Meaning I had to hobble to work, especially annoying combined with the damage I did to my knee on the other leg meaning I can't straighten the leg out properly. (Imagine, if you will, someone who can't put weight on one leg, but can't straighten the other.)

I'm disappointed that I still haven't got the website that I'm going to be working on running locally.

I'm disappointed that someone pulled the blinds down at work, when the view is the only thing that I get up in the morning for.

Strangely though, my bank account isn't a disappointment, and at least the heating works.

Although I'm disappointed the freezer definitely seems to be broken.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Dr Herbie wrote:
    No the boiler is inside, but we switch it off a night -- if it doesn't come on properly in the morning the house is pretty cold. Once the boiler starts, it's still 45 minutes or so until the house warms up; hence the coat and grumpiness.

Your boiler is computer controlled, right?

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Massif wrote:
    1 - completely healed.
    2 - spread the injury in sufficient manner so that I could excuse myself from work.
    Meaning I had to hobble to work, especially annoying combined with the damage I did to my knee on the other leg meaning I can't straighten the leg out properly. (Imagine, if you will, someone who can't put weight on one leg, but can't straighten the other.)

I'm disappointed that I still haven't got the website that I'm going to be working on running locally.

I'm disappointed that someone pulled the blinds down at work, when the view is the only thing that I get up in the morning for.

Strangely though, my bank account isn't a disappointment, and at least the heating works.

I'm disappointed this thread about disappointments is more disappointing than anticipated.

• User profile image
    Massif

W3bbo wrote:

Massif wrote:
    1 - completely healed.

I'm disappointed this thread about disappointments is more disappointing than anticipated.

I'm disappointed that all you can offer is criticism, and can't come up with a decent contribution yourself. (Hmm... this thread is exhibiting both Irony, and Recursion-type properties now.)

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

W3bbo wrote:

Dr Herbie wrote:

Your boiler is computer controlled, right?

What do you think I am, some sort of geek?

No, the timer works perfectly, it's the actual boiler that's not worth the metal it's made out of.  Apparently, the model is so bad they stopped making it. Sad
    Need a new one, when we can afford it (c.f. my earlier point about bank account disappointment).

• User profile image
    harumscarum

1. Disappointed that I woke up late and couldn't eat my normal breakfast.

2. Disappointed that everyone in the coffee club hasn't shown up for work yet and the coffee wasn't ready.

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

Disappointed that I woke up this morning and the big, fancy, secret project that I've put in 20 hours' overtime for this week didn't finish itself along the way.

Disappointed that my 18-year-old car didn't suddenly become a 2008 Murcielago.

• User profile image
    JChung2006

Minh wrote:
    1) "Heroes" is having major sophomore jinx. 4 eps in and they are only slightly more interesting than... something that isnt very interesting...

Heroes has gone from being comic book-like to cartoon-like this season.  It's disappointing, yep.

• User profile image
    ixdatul

Wow, so many to choose from...

1) I had to wake up this morning, which involved me leaving the entombing feeling that my memory foam matress provides.

2) I made the mistake of asking my wife if she was going to get on the treadmill this morning....in the married life, anywhere in the world, the universal truth is "Don't say that".

3) My second oldest daughter apperantly has her first boyfriend, which I wouldn't mind, except he's "the fat kid" in her class. I mean, I have to face the eventuality of her growing up, but he's not just the fat kid, he's also the dumb kid, and the bully kid. I hated those kids in school...

4) My Axim X50v won't sync with my Vista laptop via bluetooth, and everytime it tries I have to hard reset it.

5) Traffic, it's epedemic.

6) My HOA called about 10 minutes ago reminding me that I can't store household items in my garage. When I noted that they were transient items to be assimilated into the House Collective resistance was apperantly futile...

That's all I have so far this morning

• User profile image
    Harlequin

My days are usually fine until I come in here(and read one of Angus' replies[which makes no sense{pretty much all of the time(making my eyes bleed[and that's just from reading it])}{ya know(I hope so)}])

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

JChung2006 wrote:

Minh wrote:

Heroes has gone from being comic book-like to cartoon-like this season.  It's disappointing, yep.

I haven't watched this weeks epi, but it seems like the entire first season was pointless.

They didn't kill Sylar, so WTF was the point of the whole final showdown or for that matter, what was the point of the whole first season?  And that final showdown was a complete and utter disappointment.

And what are the chances that one of the few gaijin in japan in the 1600s happens to have powers...

Zilch, that's what.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.