Coffeehouse Thread

16 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

We have our Kirk...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Harlequin

    ...and I love the choice for Scotty....lol

    Looks like it's going to be a Hell of a movie.

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/

  • User profile image
    Ray6

    Harlequin wrote:
    ...and I love the choice for Scotty....lol

    Looks like it's going to be a Hell of a movie.

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796366/


    Casting genius .... Big Smile

    Really looking forward to this one now.

    I wonder if there going to have same uniforms from the sixties?

    Though I could never really understand why Starfleet thought it was a good idea to 'seek out new life and new civilisations ' in a miniskirt ....


  • User profile image
    Ray6

    Ray6 wrote:
    
    Though I could never really understand why Starfleet thought it was a good idea to 'seek out new life and new civilisations ' in a miniskirt ....


    .. but then again, why not? ... :-/


  • User profile image
    Harlequin

    Nimoy is in it. Betcha Spock is on his deathbed in this one remembering his past or something Smiley

  • User profile image
    Ray6

    Harlequin wrote:
    Nimoy is in it. Betcha Spock is on his deathbed in this one remembering his past or something


    He is, according to the link.


  • User profile image
    ScanIAm

    Hahahahaha!!!

    What a great choice for scotty!

    Of course, this means that Mr. Pegg and company can't make a spoof movie about space movies Sad

    /wishing for a sequel to Shaun of the Dead.

  • User profile image
    Harlequin

    Still no McCoy. Can't think of who to play that ...hehe

  • User profile image
    blowdart

    ScanIAm wrote:
    

    Hahahahaha!!!

    What a great choice for scotty!

    No it really isn't. Pegg can't play anything but Pegg.

  • User profile image
    ScanIAm

    blowdart wrote:
    
    ScanIAm wrote:
    

    Hahahahaha!!!

    What a great choice for scotty!

    No it really isn't. Pegg can't play anything but Pegg.



    Me like Pegg. 

    If I wanted to see a complete scottish stereotype over and over again, I'd check out all the old simpson's episodes with groundskeeper willy  Smiley

  • User profile image
    rjdohnert

    Everytime I read something about this movie I get more ticked off.  Its starting to look more like a 'wait for DVD' and watch it when Cinemax at night is showing reruns.

  • User profile image
    irascian

    blowdart wrote:
    
    ScanIAm wrote:
    

    Hahahahaha!!!

    What a great choice for scotty!

    No it really isn't. Pegg can't play anything but Pegg.



    Amen to that!

    James McAvoy was rumoured to be getting the part. It's very disappointing that they've given it to the amiable-geek-but-not-that-talented-when-you-actually-look-at-what-he's-done Pegg.

    Then again we live in a world where Tarantino's lash-ups of other people's films continually get people excited and acting as if he has some sort of major talent as a director and writer.

    They'll be announcing Paris Hilton for the part of Lietenant Uhuru next Sad

  • User profile image
    JChung2006

    New Star Trek movie cast so far for those who haven't been keeping track:

    • Chris Pine as Kirk
    • Zachary Quinto as Spock
    • Karl Urban as McCoy
    • Simon Pegg as Scotty
    • John Cho as Sulu
    • Zoe Saldana as Uhuru
    • Anton Yelchin as Chekov
  • User profile image
    Sven Groot

    What is it with Star Trek casting Koreans as Japanese? Keiko O'Brien: Japanese character, Korean acress. Hoshi Sato: Japanese character, Korean actress. And now the new Sulu. At least George Takei was actually Japanese.

    And yes, I can tell the difference.

    Oh well, it won't matter if his performance is good. For that, we'll just have to wait.

  • User profile image
    rjdohnert

    Karl Urban will be playing McCoy.

    If they push this movie out the door.  1) it will suck.  2) They will utterly destroy the Star Trek franchise beyond recovery  3) Whoever is associated with this movie, their career is over.

    This movie is a trainwrecked plane crash waiting to happen.  The plot sucks, the idea sucks and its not creative at all. 

    Watching this movie being made is like surviving a fiery plane crash, then getting eaten alive by a pack of rabid goats.  Sad, funny, mostly painful.

    Harlequin wrote:
    Still no McCoy. Can't think of who to play that ...hehe

  • User profile image
    JChung2006

    Sven Groot wrote:
    What is it with Star Trek casting Koreans as Japanese? Keiko O'Brien: Japanese character, Korean acress. Hoshi Sato: Japanese character, Korean actress. And now the new Sulu. At least George Takei was actually Japanese.

    Funny, I've always looked at these castings in a different way:  why didn't they make the Star Trek characters Korean if they were going to cast Koreans to play the role?

  • User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

    rjdohnert wrote:
    Karl Urban will be playing McCoy.

    If they push this movie out the door.  1) it will suck.  2) They will utterly destroy the Star Trek franchise beyond recovery  3) Whoever is associated with this movie, their career is over.

    This movie is a trainwrecked plane crash waiting to happen.  The plot sucks, the idea sucks and its not creative at all. 

    Watching this movie being made is like surviving a fiery plane crash, then getting eaten alive by a pack of rabid goats.  Sad, funny, mostly painful.

    Harlequin wrote:
    Still no McCoy. Can't think of who to play that ...hehe


    Amazing that you've already decided that the plot sucks and that the movie's a train wreck before any real details about the movie have been announced...  It might be (probably will be, given the recent history of Star Trek spinoffs), but you can't make that conclusion until the movie is in theaters and you've seen it.
    _________
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.
    Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.