Coffeehouse Thread

3 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

AVG AntiVirus problems

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    RichardRudek

Anyone else having problems with AVG (Resident) shell extension, since the latest update ?

I've had to diable the Resident protection, otherwise the whole Windows UI eventually blocks. I've created a screencast of me fumbling around with Process Explorer, etc, reproducing the problem, if anyone is interested.

PS: I probably should send the screencast to Grisoft, but, I'm not using their full version on the particular laptop, and so it's just so much of a bother to figure out how to email 'em, otherwise.  PITA...

We'll see what happens, I suppose...

EDIT:  I retract the offer of sending this screencast, as I would need to carefully go over it to see wether I'm exposing anything that might be considered a little too confidential... don't really have the time, ATM.

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

No problems here, on Windows XP SP2 with the latest version of AVG Free (program version 7.5.488, released 7/21/07 3:09 PM).

• User profile image
    RichardRudek

Yeah, same version and date here.

The trick seems to be browsing a network share, and then sorting the files by their creation date/time, a few times. When triggered, Explorer's Working Set continues to increase, and eventually the Windows UI just gets "blocked".

I have to disconnect the Wireless network connection, and wait for the Shell to timeout/recover, and  then disable the Resident Protection.

PS: I've found and posted this to [Grisoft's Free Forums]

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.