Coffeehouse Thread

5 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Amazing ePaper technology from Microsoft

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    PaoloM

On a wall of the rec room in building 86, we have a super secret, extremely thin monitor for our (non-existent) Xbox:

(I guess that's where the monitor will go Smiley)

• User profile image
    ixdatul

I think that's the nametag for the intern who is supposed to be watching the X-Box, which, since it isn't in the picture I can only assume has been plundered.

Bad Intern! No job for you!

• User profile image
    W3bbo

PaoloM wrote:
    On a wall of the rec room in building 86, we have a super secret, extremely thin monitor for our (non-existent) Xbox:

(I guess that's where the monitor will go )

In all seriousness, has anyone at MS had a play with Sony's ePaper tech for use as a general-purpose (or embedded) computer display?

• User profile image
    PaoloM

W3bbo wrote:

PaoloM wrote:

(I guess that's where the monitor will go )

In all seriousness, has anyone at MS had a play with Sony's ePaper tech for use as a general-purpose (or embedded) computer display?

I played with it a bit at a Sony Store and it's 100% unsuitable for a general purpose display. Neat tech and perfect (almost) for eBooks, but nothing else right now.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

PaoloM wrote:
    ...for our (non-existent) Xbox

Bring a Wii in and plug it in

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.