Coffeehouse Thread

20 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

I just blew my 360! :-)

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Pace

Well, the combination of Stranglehold, Halo3 and PGR4 being so cool and getting such a hammering has caused my 360 to throw the towel in yesterday Sad No more she says.

Hopefully wont take too long to fix because there are so many cool games out atm not to mention the upcoming releases.

Am I the first niner to pop my 360 through sheer gaming prowes?

• User profile image
    RichardRudek

Ha ha.

Brings a new insight to the [Hokey Pokey]... and you turn around... Oh the depravity... [A]

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Pace wrote:
    Hopefully wont take too long to fix because there are so many cool games out atm not to mention the upcoming releases.

I'm getting a logic error.

"Because there are loads of good games out, therefore my console will be fixed faster"?

You're missing a few intermediate conclusions there, methinks Smiley

or did you mean:

"I'm hoping it won't take too long...." ?

• User profile image
    Bas

The because clarifies why he is hoping, not why it'd get fixed quicker. Looks okay to me.

• User profile image
    Minh

Pace wrote:
    Kinky. Very kinky.

• User profile image
    Lee_Dale

W3bbo wrote:

Pace wrote:

I'm getting a logic error.

"Because there are loads of good games out, therefore my console will be fixed faster"?

You're missing a few intermediate conclusions there, methinks

or did you mean:

"I'm hoping it won't take too long...." ?

For someone with such intelligence I would hope you can infer the meaning of his sentence Perplexed

Or was you just being pedantic Expressionless

• User profile image
    phreaks

Minh wrote:

Pace wrote:
    I just blew my 360! Smiley
    Kinky. Very kinky.

you beat me to it.

Expressionless

• User profile image
    littleguru

phreaks wrote:

Minh wrote:

Pace wrote:
    I just blew my 360! Smiley
    Kinky. Very kinky.

you beat me to it.

ROTFL. Mine is still to blow Tongue Out

• User profile image
    littleguru

double...

• User profile image
    shep

I'm on my 3rd 360 mate. I've had two replacement units from microsoft repair centre in havant.

Sad

• User profile image
    figuerres

Pace wrote:
    Well, the combination of Stranglehold, Halo3 and PGR4 being so cool and getting such a hammering has caused my 360 to throw the towel in yesterday No more she says.

Am I the first niner to pop my 360 through sheer gaming prowes?

clarify?

do you mean the "ring of death" in which case there are more than a few folks....

or some other kind of meltdown?

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

My friends 360 went kaput just as he approached the end of FEAR the other day. He was a little angry.

His... 4th X360.

He's getting a PS3 instead, this time. I wonder why.

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    DigitalDud

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

My friends 360 went kaput just as he approached the end of FEAR the other day. He was a little angry.

His... 4th X360.

Does he like, play games inside an oven or something?

• User profile image
    figuerres

DigitalDud wrote:

Lloyd_Humph wrote:

His... 4th X360.

Does he like, play games inside an oven or something?

Don't jump so fast, I have 2 buddies who have problems.
    both are smart, have many tech devices and have been with stuff for a while ...

each started with xbox's then 360's right after launch, both have had ring of death
    one is waiting for the replacement / repair
    the other had a replacement unit that then developed problems in days of getting it.
    first one was ring of death, second was dvd-rom related - disk scratch etc...
    I bet that some folks overheat by bad location / lack of airflow ++ the first gen 360's heat problems ... the room temp may be fine
    but if you stick a heat pump in a closed cabinet -- wow!

I do hope MSFT has learned from this and will make doubel sure the next xbox they make will not have this problem...

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Nope.

I've been to his house, he has a sweet setup - 32" screen and the xbox, all on a nice glass stand: so no heating problems.

After his 2nd Xbox he invested in a fan that oscillates when it's on. Don't know if it made a difference, but the last 2 xbox's have lasted longer than the others.

He does play a lot though. And we have LAN parties at his house etc... it's fun. He's a gamer nerd.

I was chatting with him today, and he's returned it to Game. He's paying an extra £40 (which is crazy, IMO, I don't know why he should have to pay extra when the origional broke so much) for an Elite.

PS3 after the elite though.

MS should have a policy: more than three premiums break: Free upgrade to Elite.

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    Minh

wchua24 wrote:
    never had 360 but my ps3 is comming soon yeah...:

Seo-Uni
    Clever Search Engine Optimization technique Big Smile

• User profile image
    Sabot

shep wrote:
    I'm on my 3rd 360 mate. I've had two replacement units from microsoft repair centre in havant.

I work near Havant, so when I offered to drop it round and save them some hassle of picking it up they got all silly and said I needed to follow the instructions correctly.

I know this isn't Microsoft fault just the 3rd Party they've out-source the job to (I won't name drop here, it's not hard to find it out) but it just seems good business sense to allow money to be saved where it's easy to do so.

• User profile image
    Xaero_​Vincent

Meh... this is why I have a PS3.

The Xbox 360 is somewhat more powerful but only because it has twice the  RAM and a better memory bus and controller architecture that achieves higher data throughput.

The 360 also has a slightly better GPU as well. The PS3's graphics controller is just below a GeForce 7800.

Still, the graphics capability of the PS3 is virtually identical to the Xbox 360 with only a marginal drop in FPS on the PS3.

While the PS3 is slightly less powerful and doesn't have Halo 3, it does play BluRay movies, have a very high reliability record, a free Interweb browser, free online multiplayer service, and of course is a completely unlocked system (minus the GPU).

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.