Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

How do I get the .Net 3.0 goodness?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    alwaysmc2

Hey, Niners!  Right now I'm using Visual C# Express 2005 to make a little program, but it uses .Net 2.0.  How do I get the 3.0 goodness, specifically Windows Presentation Foundation?

• User profile image
    Cannot​Resolve​Symbol

alwaysmc2 wrote:

Hey, Niners!  Right now I'm using Visual C# Express 2005 to make a little program, but it uses .Net 2.0.  How do I get the 3.0 goodness, specifically Windows Presentation Foundation?

If you want the WPF designer and whatnot, you'll have to wait for Visual C# Express 2008, or download Beta 2.

• User profile image
    alwaysmc2

CannotResolveSymbol wrote:

alwaysmc2 wrote:

If you want all the design view goodness, you'll have to wait for Visual C# Express 2008, or download Beta 2.

Is it stable?

• User profile image
    Isshou

It's fairly stable (at least the testing I've done of it)

You could wait a few months for VC# 2008 EE

or if you had the money you can get VS 2005 and download the extentions for it to do 3.0/WPF stuff.
    I don't think VC# 2005 EE supports any extentions, thus you'll need VS 2005 standard or above.

However, the designer in VS 2008 is revamped and better designed for things like xaml editing and what-not.

You may also want to preview the designer side with Expression Blend 2 September preview (If it is still available)

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.