Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Ask.com looks sweet

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Xaero_​Vincent

OK, I'm a normally an exclusive Googler but the new Ask.com search engine looks hot.

If you type in a name of a city, you'll get a navigating map and a side bar with current time, weather, images, wikipedia article.

Type in a name of a band, you get sound and video clips in the side bar.

I have to admit I'm impressed. Ask is really on to something here.

http://www.ask.com/

• User profile image
    Bas

Wow, it even works with international cities.  Nice!

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Dang, it DOES look nice - I like it.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Most impressive.

Bas wrote:
    Wow, it even works with international cities.  Nice!

I just had to try this to its limit. Tokyo: works, of course. Dordrecht: still works, impressive. Sliedrecht: again it works, even more impressive. Hardinxveld-Giessendam: no dice. Tongue Out

EDIT: I also like that if you type "Zwijndrecht" you get information for the Dutch town, not the Belgian town on the same name. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Zeus

If it works with my home town ... then I'm most impressed Smiley

• User profile image
    Bas

Sven Groot wrote:
    Most impressive.
    Hardinxveld-Giessendam: no dice.

Well, you are naming a one-horse town, there. I'm surprised you didn't try Oud-Alblas.  Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Bas wrote:

Sven Groot wrote:
    Most impressive.
    Hardinxveld-Giessendam: no dice.

Well, you are naming a one-horse town, there. I'm surprised you didn't try Oud-Alblas. 

This was the first one that came to mind because it's where the previous host for www.obsdewilgen.nl (the school where my dad works) is located (www.nedcomp.nl, I can recommend them for incredibly good service, although they do charge for it, which is sadly the reason we had to leave them; now we're hosted by xs4all, which is free for schools so hard to compete there, but their service is absolute sh*t, avoid at all costs).

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.