Coffeehouse Thread

47 posts

Where will Scoble go next?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

PodTech Dead?

Update:Robert Scoble is denying the rumors on Twitter claiming that it’s a “hatchet job” by PodTech’s competitors, although has yet to issue a formal denial aside from commenting on this post suggesting that it’s all bullsh*t.

Update 2:Scoble that PodTech is “restructuring its business and refocusing its resources”…some big changes on the way, but no deadpool for PodTech yet.

Wow, when I got laid off they said it was "restructuring"....

• User profile image
    Sabot

The thing with Mr Scoble is that *if* PodTech goes down the pan he will appear somewhere else pretty soon.

My guess he will want to do more of the same and not go and work for one of the big boys. He is very much his own man and will want to do his own thing.

I don't think that he will start his own outfit because the hassle of running a company is not the stuff he enjoys.

• User profile image
    blowdart

I can't decide if talking about your company on twitter like that is attention wh0ring or just incredibly stupid.

• User profile image
    littleguru

Hmm...

• User profile image
    jsampsonPC

Leave Scoble alone, whaaaaa [C] Hasn't he been through enough? [C]

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

blowdart wrote:
    I can't decide if talking about your company on twitter like that is attention wh0ring or just incredibly stupid.

Both?

It's a shame, too.  I'd never wish failure on anyone regardless of how I felt about their business model or their personality.  Everybody's got to eat.

I have been getting the feeling, lately, that we are in for another employment downturn.  And it looks like my contract will end at the end of the year.  I can't wait to live off of savings, again.

• User profile image
    littleguru

ScanIAm wrote:
    I have been getting the feeling, lately, that we are in for another employment downturn.

It's coming, yes... everything looks like the time is getting harder again - but still some time until then Smiley

• User profile image
    SCMcDonnell

ScanIAm wrote:

I have been getting the feeling, lately, that we are in for another employment downturn.  And it looks like my contract will end at the end of the year.  I can't wait to live off of savings, again.

I think that some markets head that way.  However, tech seems to be pretty strong lately.  Alot of the tech companies are reporting better numbers than usual.  But, I could definitely be wrong.

-SM

• User profile image
    SCMcDonnell

SCMcDonnell wrote:

Alot of the tech companies are reporting better numbers than usual.  But, I could definitely be wrong.

And now Microsoft/MSFT just reported numbers after the bell and they are up 9%.  So, maybe things are better than we think.

-SM

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

SCMcDonnell wrote:

SCMcDonnell wrote:

Alot of the tech companies are reporting better numbers than usual.  But, I could definitely be wrong.

And now Microsoft/MSFT just reported numbers after the bell and they are up 9%.  So, maybe things are better than we think.

-SM

Maybe, but the number of open jobs in my area has dropped dramatically.  Cybermagellan is losing his job.  Scooby is being 'restructured', and the economy has been taking some pretty big hits lately.

So, I guess that if you work for MSFT, things are peachy Smiley

• User profile image
    SCMcDonnell

ScanIAm wrote:

SCMcDonnell wrote:

SCMcDonnell wrote:

-SM

Maybe, but the number of open jobs in my area has dropped dramatically.  Cybermagellan is losing his job.  Scooby is being 'restructured', and the economy has been taking some pretty big hits lately.

So, I guess that if you work for MSFT, things are peachy

No doubt the economy has taken some hits.  But it seems to be mostly on the mortgage and bank side.  I recently put my resume back out on Monster and I must've received a couple calls a day and twice as many emails from legitimate companies.  It's hard to judge right now.

-SM

• User profile image
    phreaks

SCMcDonnell wrote:

ScanIAm wrote:

SCMcDonnell wrote:

SCMcDonnell wrote:

-SM

So, I guess that if you work for MSFT, things are peachy

No doubt the economy has taken some hits.  But it seems to be mostly on the mortgage and bank side. -SM

Who do you think owns hold these fixed income debt-backed securities?

Major corporations hold them as part of their investment strategies for everything from mutual assets (like insurance companies) to pension plans to operating revenue.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Cybermagellan wrote:

Who here  didn't see this come as a surprise?

At least with blogging you've got an accessible medium that people might occasionally read; but with podcasting the audience is a lot smaller, and his subject area is pretty niche.

Whether or not he's left the company is irrelevant, the signs suggest the company will assume room temperature shortly enough.

• User profile image
    esoteric

This is getting old, fast.

• User profile image
    raymond

Time to Sing A Song: Wink

Where have all the Niners gone?

Long time passing
    Long time ago
    Gone to startups everyone
    When will they ever learn?
    When will they ever learn?

http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=210128#210128

Cool

• User profile image
    Pon

Who cares what happens to Scoble; he's an (I need to watch my language).

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

10 bucks says Google, Apple or some Linux company if he stays in tech.  I dont think he will come back on hands and knees begging for his MS job back.

• User profile image
    staceyw

hmm.  Lasted a few more months then I thought.  Didn't the venture companies learn from ".com" scams in the 90s?

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.