Coffeehouse Thread

24 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

This is how Vista is supposed to be enjoyed...

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Chadk

With a w2207 22" TFT from HP.

I just got mine. Im AMAZED...

The picture is stunning. Nicely adjustable.

Nice change from 3 year old 17" TFT's Big Smile

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

I had a 22" TFT at work before I left to Japan, don't remember what type exactly but I agree it was very nice. Gave me motion sickness if I played TrackMania on it. Tongue Out

Right now I have a 19" (non-widescreen), which is good too. Smiley

• User profile image
    cornelius

yea i got one of these babies last month
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=335466

and my older 19" beside it

my productivity has gone up considerably

now im getting used to this new "rather expensive" for a keyboard+mouse combo

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=081

i never used curved keyboard so feels weird now, i had to throw out my old keyboard (circa 1997) as it was killing my wrists

i realized a while back since i spend so much time in front of pc i may as well not cheap out when it comes to increasing my productivity

• User profile image
    Bas

I have a 22" Samsung 226BW. Before that, I always used CRT's because I can't stand TFT's ghosting effects, even when the delay is 8 or 6ms. The 226BW has a 2ms delay, which isn't noticable to me.

Oh, and I first played Oblivion on it and got incredible motion sickness after half an hour. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Bas wrote:

I have a 22" Samsung 226BW. Before that, I always used CRT's because I can't stand TFT's ghosting effects, even when the delay is 8 or 6ms. The 226BW has a 2ms delay, which isn't noticable to me.

Oh, and I first played Oblivion on it and got incredible motion sickness after half an hour.

The thing with 2ms panels is they sacrifice colour fidelity. You'll see all the hi-fi flat-panel displays are all 16ms, especially the LaCie Calibrated and Apple Cinema panels.

As for me? XP on 2x22" CRTs @ 1600x1200 each. The dot-pitch can strain my eyes at time, but 1280x960 is gorgeous on these things.

• User profile image
    Bas

W3bbo wrote:

Bas wrote:

Oh, and I first played Oblivion on it and got incredible motion sickness after half an hour.

The thing with 2ms panels is they sacrifice colour fidelity. You'll see all the hi-fi flat-panel displays are all 16ms, especially the LaCie Calibrated and Apple Cinema panels.

True, but ghosting bothers me more than colour fidelity. Colours on TN panels look perfectly fine to me, hence my choice of the 226BW.

• User profile image
    Chadk

Great eh. I have had it for about 3-4 hours. And a dead pixel just arrived.

I had asked the dude who sold me the screen, what the policy is on that. He said that if i bought a warranty, id get a new screen if a pixel died.

Now i called the call center, and they said that they couldnt cover a dead pixel, despite what the dude told me.

Trust me, im not very happy.

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

Shouldn't that be covered by your statutory rights?

(Goods unfit for purpose/manf. defects)

• User profile image
    alwaysmc2

I got a 24" Samsung Syncmaster in August... I love it!  It makes my 19" Syncmaster feel inadequate, though.

• User profile image
    dentaku

What's good about 22" displays is that 1680X1050 is just about the right resolution. The screen is big but the resolution isn't so small that everything is tiny.

I still use a 19" Trinitron CRT as monitor #1 but I have a 19" widescreen LCD as #2. If you draw something in Illustrator in light grey over white on the CRT then you view it on the LCD you see how bad LCDs are at reproducing images like that. The grey will only be visible when you move your head to a certain position and at that point you're in the wrong position to have accurate contrast anyway.

I saw one of the new 2ms Samsungs a few days ago and I was very impressed by the great viewing angle and the lack of blur when things are moving fast.

• User profile image
    GoddersUK

alwaysmc2 wrote:

Lol

• User profile image
    gadget

Here at work I Use 3 ViewSonic 20" VP2030b's in portrait mode. Very nice for dev work. Much better than when I had two 17" models.

At home I only have two Syncmaster 214T's. I wish I had went with 1 305T instead.

• User profile image
    littleguru

alwaysmc2 wrote:

I got a 24" Samsung Syncmaster in August... I love it!  It makes my 19" Syncmaster feel inadequate, though.

I hope you still use both: first of all the get the big one of his horse and second to give the small one some fun back Smiley

• User profile image
    JChung2006

Haha!  I just picked up a 19" Samsung for my Vista PC earlier today, and here somebody's talking their 24" Samsung making their 19" Samsung feel inadequate.  I'm loving the 19" widescreen though!  I'm using my old 17" Samsung with my new Mac Mini. Smiley

• User profile image
    Heywood_J

I've been using Dual 19 inch LCDs (non-Wide Screen - 1280 x 1024) for over a year now and I love it.  Dual 24s would be even better, but that would be a littel too pricey for me right now.

• User profile image
    Lloyd_Humph

Chadk wrote:

Great eh. I have had it for about 3-4 hours. And a dead pixel just arrived.

I had asked the dude who sold me the screen, what the policy is on that. He said that if i bought a warranty, id get a new screen if a pixel died.

Now i called the call center, and they said that they couldnt cover a dead pixel, despite what the dude told me.

Trust me, im not very happy.

Try this
    http://www.widowpc.com/2005/08/fix_dead_pixels.php

If Blackberrys are addictive cellphones, Channel9 is the ultimate addictive website.
    Last modified
  • User profile image
    jamie

..with some nice hot tea and some lawrence welk...

That concludes our: Enjoying Vista Seminar.

Please come back daily for hating things - over and over.

doo doo dooooo~doo!

the end..  <gilliam fart></gilliam fart>

• User profile image
    Dodo

I don't like widescreens... they are so... erm... wide...
    And if you have Widescreen Movies... with black boarders on top an bottom to be 4:3 it's ugly because of boarders all around them. Top right bottom left argh... boarders everywhere.
    Second they advertise saying it's better for movies... because of the 16:10 format... yay, less boarders... er, umm... well, movies are 16:9 maens you have still boarders... meh -_-
    If you had PhotoRet work, it's great, because you can put all toolbars and stuff to right and left, but what about the panorama photos (not 4:3 but 16:10, too)?
    Well, I like changes, but if they come with that much disadvantages, I'd prefer to stick to a 1600:1200 screen...
    They only opportuinity widescreens have is the fact of the human sight to be oriented vertically so they'd give the effect you've gained workspace even if you haven't, because on a 1600:1200 screen you are now sold a 1600:1080 screen... (which isn't even 16:10 at all).

Embarassed

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.