Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

To corona_coder

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Corona,
        I notice your saying by your username is...

"Only Proprietary software vendors deal in absolutes."

Isn't the word only an absolute? It appears so. Considering you wish for Linux to be the mainstream OS for desktop and server environments isn't that hoping for an absolute? Make up your mind, you either are or against yourself...

• User profile image
    Pon

Well, from a mathmatical POV... Mainstream could be defined as > .5 of the market share. Absolute would be 1 or 0.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

It's paraphrased from Star Wars, "only a Sith deals in absolutes".

• User profile image
    Cybermagell​an

Sven Groot wrote:

Oh ok, I'm not a Star Wars fan so I didn't catch that.

• User profile image
    Bas

I love how he only set his text to that after I told him that only the FSF dealt in absolutes. That, and somebody told him that he should change Tux's red lightsaber to a blue one, because obviously red = sith. Gotta love it when you have to actually help someone try to fight a war against you. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    brian.​shapiro

Sven Groot wrote:

the great irony of the last Star Wars movie is that the fight between good and evil is told to have been predestined because the clash between different interests leads to mutual distrust--how the Jedis were involved in the situation that brought about the Empire's rise (But the Sith are the ones who really caused it, screw that crap about predestination and the Jedis betraying the people)

• User profile image
    Harlequin

Even more annoying than Beer28/Corona is that my kids have lost Episode III 3 times now. And it's my favorite of the prequels, just don't want to have to buy it a 4th time Smiley

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Harlequin wrote:
    Even more annoying than Beer28/Corona is that my kids have lost Episode III 3 times now. And it's my favorite of the prequels, just don't want to have to buy it a 4th time

Perhaps they're trying to tell you something?

Herbie

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.