Coffeehouse Thread

6 posts

What do you guys think of integrating the Microsoft Managed News Groups to  C9???

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    Jeremy W

The first part I've loved (and blogged about, asking for it). The second part... Not so much so.

To me, C9 is a bit of an informal, relationship and communication driven community. It's a bit young to be defining it as anything, I suppose, but that's how I see it, and that's why I'm here. For the people.

The News Groups, on the other hand, are really about support. People with problems, people solving them. There's a bit of community, but much less than here.

I'm not sure they serve the same purpose, as evidenced by the tone, types of responses and what makes each one "useful".

That's just my take though!

• User profile image
    Deactivated User

Comment removed at user's request.

• User profile image
    Peter

With NewsGator you will hardly notice the difference between the RSS and NNTP feeds.

• User profile image
    Nystul

I second that recommendation to use NewsGator for NNTP access.  It really makes newsgroups function like RSS feeds, and with the NNTP plug-in/extension, you can post from within Outlook as well.  After only using NewsGator for 10 days, it is my favorite tool of late.  I strongly recommend it to anyone interested in RSS feeds and NNTP newsgroup feeds.

Nystul

• User profile image
    Jeremy W

I'd use Newsgator if I either had a static list of feeds I was watching, or if I didn't need to access my feeds list from one location.

However, I'm everywhere, all over the place. Bloglines is for me until someone figures out a simple way to have Newsgator automatically create an OMPL file on a regular basis and mirror that to wherever else I work (not likely to happen).

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.