Coffeehouse Thread

95 posts

IE Team Interview?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Bas

Apart from the many, many people and groups I'd like to see an interview with, the IE team has to be at the top of my list.

There's a lot of controversy about their silence, especially after Microsoft's expressed wish to upgrade IE on a regular basis. It's not so much the lack of new versions of IE, but the complete and utter silence that's irking a lot of people.

A quick dropping in with the camera to hear how they're all doing and what's happening next would be a perfect way to take away all that. And in my opinion Channel 9, being all about the conversation, would be the ideal platform for it.

Any videos with the IE team scheduled in the near future? Any chance of slipping one in ahead of the others?

• User profile image
    Rowan

+1

• User profile image
    cornelius

Rowan wrote:
    +1

they are either working on a firefox killer and are keeping silent so not to raise our hopes

or

the team was disbanded and we will never see another IE version and they are keeping silent as theres nothing to talk about

but yea complete lack of info is disturbing

• User profile image
    littleguru

Rowan wrote:
    +1

++ (if they are ready to do an interview!)

• User profile image
    vesuvius

Oh yes, this team is certainly at the top of my list. Maybe a going deep?

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

littleguru wrote:

Rowan wrote:
    +1

++ (if they are ready to do an interview!)

Only when they're ready -- too many broken promises from Microsoft in the past.
    Wait until they've got the finalised feature-set, at least.

Transparency appears to be a double-edged sword Smiley

Herbie

• User profile image
    Bas

I don't mean an interview in the sense of "tell us what features are going to be in IE8" but more one of those casual style ones that Charles did a while ago with Dr. Sneath. Just pop into the office for ten minutes, and have a casual chat. No need to reveal anything, just something that'll break the one year silence.

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Bas wrote:
    I don't mean an interview in the sense of "tell us what features are going to be in IE8" but more one of those casual style ones that Charles did a while ago with Dr. Sneath. Just pop into the office for ten minutes, and have a casual chat. No need to reveal anything, just something that'll break the one year silence.

Ah, I see.  More like a "Hello?  Anybody home?" type of interview.
    I guess that would reassure a lot of people.  You could see if they all look calm and collected, or completely frazzled Smiley

Herbie

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

I currently know only two things about IE8:
    - It's being worked on.
    - It's not ready yet.

That's all they could tell me. Smiley

• User profile image
    Bas

Sven Groot wrote:

- It's being worked on.

Are you sure? Tongue Out

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Bas wrote:

Sven Groot wrote:

- It's being worked on.

Are you sure?

That's what my sources say. Smiley

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

Sven Groot wrote:

Bas wrote:

Sven Groot wrote:

- It's being worked on.

Are you sure?

That's what my sources say.

You have sources?  Ooh, how exciting!  I wish I had sources.
    I have sauces, but not sources Wink

Do they say anything else?

Herbie

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Dr Herbie wrote:
    You have sources?  Ooh, how exciting!  I wish I had sources.
    I have sauces, but not sources

I have sauces too. Tongue Out

Basically the story is this: Eric Lawrence contacted me about a bug in Find As You Type, which I couldn't reproduce. Then he confessed to running it on an internal build of IE Next and that it was their bug.

I told him I would need access to the internal builds to check it out, but so far no luck. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    LaBomba

Sven Groot wrote:
    I told him I would need access to the internal builds to check it out, but so far no luck. Tongue Out
    Haha, nice try though. Wink

• User profile image
    Bas

Sven Groot wrote:
    Basically the story is this: Eric Lawrence contacted me about a bug in Find As You Type, which I couldn't reproduce. Then he confessed to running it on an internal build of IE Next and that it was their bug.

I told him I would need access to the internal builds to check it out, but so far no luck.

If he emails you again, tell him to allow for a way to scroll a found word to the middle of the view. Tongue Out

• User profile image
    stevo_

ie next is just a short name right? I mean, whats after next?

• User profile image
    Dr Herbie

stevo_ wrote:
    ie next is just a short name right? I mean, whats after next?

Could be 'Next but one"?

Here we flag for 'Next Release' and 'Next Next Release' Smiley

Herbie

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

creditcard wrote:
    I bet most of the IE team is working on Silverlight.

I'm fairly sure that's not the same team.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.