Coffeehouse Thread

4 posts

Is Apple coding Leopard to run Windows natively?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Ray6

Well, that would certainly be a poke in the eye for the virtualisation vendors.

The Register has picked up on the latest Apple mystery making the rounds on the Internet, and concludes that it's a possibility.

I certainly don't see them pulling this off without Microsoft's help.

• User profile image
    DigitalDud

The Register wrote:
    More likely, though, is that this is a tweak made to help the likes of Parallels and VMWare more tightly integrate their Windows-on-Mac tools with the host operating system. Parallels in particular tries to allow Mac users to run Windows apps as if they were native applcations rather than apps running on Windows running in a Mac OS X window.

This scenario is about a billion times more likely.

• User profile image
    darklotus

I just dont understand how Apple can make their OS only work for their machines (without intervantion) but they feel free to write things so they can use windows apps. It seems sorta one sided to me.

"No you cant use our OS but we can boot yours and use your apps as we wish."

• User profile image
    magicalclick

All you need is a Virtual PC to run Apple app, but then, you already can get it on windows. [A]

Leaving WM on 5/2018 if no apps, no dedicated billboards where I drive, no Store name.
    Last modified

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.